Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Refund after porting out- PAYG sim

gnuccio92
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a query about receiving a refund for remaining credit on a pay as you go account after porting out from Vodafone to another network. 

I was under the impression from Vodafone's website that you could reclaim unused credit up to 60 days after leaving. I ported out on 8th March and called on the 11th March for the refund. I was told to wait up to 7 days to receive the refund but nothing has been received.

I called again today and have now been told by two different advisors that the request was rejected as I ported out before requesting the refund. Am I mistaken in thinking this is incorrect? I have 60 days to request the refund?

Thanks for your help!

6 REPLIES 6

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @gnuccio92, your refund would be returned to the card, or account used to add the credit after 5-7 working days and we'd usually ask you wait this time to give your bank time to refund the money back to you. As it sounds  like there's been a problem with your refund, we'll need to take a look into this for you. Please reach out to our Online team, or via one of our Social Channels and we'll be happy to help.

gnuccio92

Thanks @Mark. I have spoken to the online team who confirmed there was an error and they apologised for the delay. I should receive the refund in the next 5 to 7 days but will follow up again if not.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is great to see @gnuccio92! I'm glad we were able to get everything sorted for you. Thanks for the update 😊

gnuccio92

Hi, unfortunately the refund was processed incorrectly and despite contacting the online team twice, nobody has been able to resolve the problem. It's not the value of the refund that I have an issue with but the fact that customer services just keeping telling me false information and try to blame the bank too for the refund being processed. 

I am sorry for the issues you've faced with this. I can see you mentioned that you reached out to the online team, is it possible you can contact through our social channels via the link Mark gave above? As our team here also work the social channels, so we will be able to look into this further for you and the advice you have been given.

Thanks @Andy but I don't use social media. I'm not going to chase the refund further, it's not worth the hassle!