Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Refund

MGH
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had a Vodafone PAYG SIM only a/c - no monthly contract.  When I decided to move to another supplier Vodafone twice confirmed that the balance of money I had paid would be refunded.  When I tried to claim the refund they still agreed that it should be paid but said it was impossible because I no longer have a Vodafone a/c.  I have tried and tried to get Customer Relations to engage but just get fobbed off with a standard set of words.

How can I get the money Vodafone owes me?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @MGH 

As far as is known as you made an agreement to purchase the airtime in advance PAYG credit is non refundable and you would have needed to use the credit before porting out to an alternative network.

Not quite sure if it would be possible to refund the credit but speak to the Social Team here: Contact Us 

The problem is that I specifically asked Vodafone, twice, while I still had a Vodafone account, if the overpayment would be refunded.  I was told definitely that it would.  I was not told that any refund would have to be made before the a/c closed.  When I applied for the refund I was told directly by Vodafone that I was entitled to have the money refunded but they couldn't do it.  That makes no sense at all.  Also, the reason the refund has not yet been paid is a direct result of incorrect information given to me, on at least 4 occasions,  by Vodafone.  So Vodafone makes a series of mistakes and I have to pay?