main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Retrieving an old mobile number, how to go about it?

Andy

Hey @madbilly 👋 We can certainly look at the possibility of retrieving the number but it`s not something we can guarantee, I can see you have mentioned that you have contacted us on Twitter so one of the team there will be able to look at your options with you 😊

View more options
madbilly
2: Seeker

Hi @andy,

I asked lots of questions and ultimately the answer is that since it is beyond 90 days since the number was disconnected there is no way to get it back. This is in contradiction to some of the comments earlier in this thread which suggest that numbers can be retrieved many years after they were last used. I found it on Google search and read the first page and thought I would succeed to get my number back, but this was not the case. On that basis maybe it's worth locking this thread? Or at least editing the first post to state what is possible?

Cheer 🙂

View more options
Evie

Hey there @madbilly - Retrieving an old number is situation dependent in terms of when the number was disconnected, if it's been recycled to a new owner, if it's been transferred to another network by a new owner. All of these, and more, factor into whether we can retrieve the number.

Have you heard back from us on Twitter yet? If not, could you confirm the Twitter handle you used to contact us so we can make sure it gets picked up? 😊

View more options
madbilly

Hi @Evie,

Yes I heard back on Twitter - that is what I meant when I wrote that I asked lots of questions, please excuse me for being vague.

Cheers :Smiling:

View more options
Nathen15
1: Seeker

I come across this post and have a similar issue. Did you manage to find your old number and retrieve it? 

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated.

Nathan

View more options
madbilly

Hi @Nathen15,

Yes they found the number but in my case it could not be retrieved, it is back in the number pool for random allocation apparently.

Good luck! 🙂

View more options
Dc2009

Hi

Ive got a similar problem with an old Vodafone number. I wonder if I can get some help transferring it. 
thanks

View more options
Jack

Hi @Dc2009  We can certainly look at the possibility of retrieving the number but it`s not something we can guarantee. I'd recommend contacting our Social Media Team here, they'll be able to explore your options with you.

View more options
Gennolas

Hello there,

I was hoping that someone would help me too on this as I used use this number for my work as a free-lance interpreter please? Thank you!

View more options
Beth

@Gennolas We're unable to access accounts over the forum due to it's public nature. If you can contact our Social Media team using the link @Jack provided above, we'd be more than happy to investigate your options there with you 🙂

View more options