main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Retrieving an old mobile number, how to go about it?

Beth

@swiftypa, we should be able to reconnect the number if it was disconnected within the last 90 days but we would need to check these details with you in a more private setting e.g. social media, calling 08080 408 408 from a non Vodafone phone, live chat

You should also be able to use an alternative email address to verify to your Yahoo account if this has been set up. Alternative to this I would suggest contacting Yahoo support for alternative ways to unlock your emails

View more options
swiftypa
2: Seeker

At this very moment, I'm on the phone to Vodafone who are telling me it's not possible!! Again I'm getting conflicting advice. I contacted Vodafone within 90 days and was told I had to wait till after the 90 days was up. So I did, now I'm being told had I contacted Vodafone withing 90 days a simple reconnection was possible!!! 

Which is it to be???  This guy im on the phone with now is saying no it can't be done!! 

I have contacted Yahoo 3 times, given them 7 email counts to prove its my account, but because I'm not giving them the correct answers to their security questions, they won't give me access. I really wish I knew how to verify my account from another but sadly and frustrating as is is i don't know how....

View more options
MarkD

Hi @swiftypa, if a number has been disconnected, we can normally reconnect it within 90 days. If you can contact our Facebook or Twitter team, we'll love to clear up and confusion and take a look at your number. You can find how to contact us here

View more options
swiftypa

Hi, I have put a link on the Vodafine Twitter page probably a week or so ago, but no response.

The number was disconnected just over 90 days ago. I was given conflicting advice from about 4 different people st Vodafone 

View more options
MarkD

When you sent us a message on Twitter, did you include your username and a link to this thread? 🙂

View more options
swiftypa

I believe I did. I went into the Vodafone shop as I wasn't sure how to do it and the girl in the shop did it for me 

View more options
GemmaP

@swiftypa Glad to hear you managed to get this sorted 😊

View more options
swiftypa

Got what sorted?? All that has happened is being given misinformation, let down and disappointed. 

View more options
GemmaP

@swiftypa  Sorry you feel disappointed with the service received. Did you not manage to get your number reconnected?

View more options
swiftypa

No not at all 

View more options
Mark

Hey @swiftypa If you've still not had a response to your post on Twitter, pop me your ID and I'll chase this for you 😊

View more options
swiftypa

My ID from where? Sorry I've never used these platforms before so no idea

View more options
Tash

Hi @swiftypa, this would be your Twitter username 🙂 If you'd prefer not to share this on the thread here, please make sure you have included your Community username in your Twitter DM/message to us. We can then use this to track down your messages to us.

View more options
linedar11

If you don't sync number to Cloud sever or SIM card before, maybe you can try a Android recovery tool to scan your phone directly, maybe it can get number back.

View more options
mullinsm1962

Hi,

I'm another one! I had a Vodaphone personal number which I lost years ago and would like to get it back to use in my retirement as I don't want to keep my business number for obvious reasons and, at my age, I don't want to try and remember a new one!!

Can someone contact me and let me know how to go about retrieving it? It isn't in use and is an old 07979 number.

Thanks in advance.

View more options
MarkD

Hi @mullinsm1962, our Social Media Team will love to see if we can retrieve your old number. If you send us a message on Twitter or Facebook with your full name, the number you're wanting and your Community username, our team will be happy to help. You can find the contact details here

View more options
bushfireblonde

Hi, I am also trying to retrieve my husband's number that expired in December 2020.  He has Alzeheimers and doesn't use the phone much, but this number can be remembered by him so we would really like to get it back if possible.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

View more options
MarkD

Hi @bushfireblonde, was the number last used or disconnected in Dec? Can you also tell us is this a Pay as you Go or Pay Monthly number and if the number was registered in your husbands name? 🙂

View more options
bushfireblonde

Thanks for the reply.  Phone was registered in my name.  It was Pay As You Go.  Last call was on 20/09/19 and there was a text on 20/09/20 saying account will expire in 90 days which would have been in December 2020.  When I call the number it currently says disconnected.   

View more options
Mark

Hi @bushfireblonde The number will have been disconnected in December as you thought and depending on the date it was disconnected may no longer be available. Pop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll be more than happy to take a look for you 🤞

View more options