Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM card stopped working

rozz
4: Newbie

My payg SIM card has stopped working. I haven’t exceeded the 180 days (getting close now) of not using it, so wonder if the sim has become faulty. Can anyone offer help. I have a fair amount of credit on it that I’ve used to make charity donations with, and would like to continue to use my credit for this purpose. There has been no texts telling me that my credit was going to expire. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I totally understand your keen not to lose the credit on your Payg account and the mobile number associated with the account I assume.

Even if you had gone 180 days without any activity made Vodafone can recover the account if a customer makes contact before around 90 days @rozz 

I would suggest to eject the sim card and give the chip a gentle wipe with a soft cloth and reinsert the sim which may wake it up.

If the sim has failed then a sim swap is an easy process nowadays.

You either need to visit a Vodafone Highstreet Store when they reopen soon with some identification newscentre.vodafone.co.uk/news/high-street-uk-stores-second-lockdown.   or ask customer services on 191 or Live Chat for a blank sim card and then follow the instructions in the sim swap page found here. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @rozz I'm sorry to hear that your SIM card has stopped working for you. If you've tried cleaning it as @BandOfBrothers suggested, please drop us a message here and we'll take closer look into things if it hasn't worked 👍 We'd be more than happy to help out.