Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Technophobic Dad adding bundles

jimmyendicott
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm trying to top up my daughter's phone (a second hand iPhone she just uses on the wifi around the house) for the first time since I stuck a free SIM in ages ago, just so she could get a number to register for apps like WhatsApp.  So, I called 4354 free from her phone and added a £10 Big Value Bundle and paid for it on my credit card expecting her to get 3GB data, 250 mins and unltd txts. 

Now ...

She can make calls and send texts but if she tries to connect to 3G it says there's no data connectivity (although she's getting the little 3G symbol).  Why???

Also, I get the feeling my credit card is going to get charged £10 again in 30 days time and every month thereafter to renew the bundle.  Which I don't want it to do.

Feeling like an old fogie, but ... HELP!!!

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @jimmyendicott 

The iPhone may need its APN Settings updating for mobile data or mobile data in the iPhone needs double checking it's on.

To update first text WEB to 40127 and follow the set up texts.

What-should-I-do-if-I-have-no-data-connection. 

How-to-manually-enter-vodafone-apn-settings. 

deviceguides.vodafone. 

Edit > Sorry I didn't add my advice on your 2nd question.

Can-I-top-up-automatically  is how a person sets up reoccurring Payments. Did you do any of this ?

Pay-as-you-go/Cannot-cancel-auto-top-up is a thread about how to cancel re occurring payments.

The account holder would need to speak with customer services on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  just to check what's set up on the Vodafone Payg Account.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandOfBrothers,

These things both worked perfectly and I wouldn't have had a clue without your help.  Very grateful.

You're very welcome @jimmyendicott 

I'm glad I could find the solution to your questions.

Take care.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.