Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Top up

Sgian
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My dad had a pay as you go account.The phone sim has not been used for over a year but Vesta Vodafone continue to take money from his account.This is not a direct debit and I don’t know ho to stop it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sgian 

Your Dad probably activated automatic top up and registered a debit or credit card for the purpose.  He should be able to cancel this by calling the top up line on 2345, if he has the Application installed on his phone or registered an online account he should also be able to cancel from there.  There is further information here: Top up if he scrolls down to ;How can I top up my phone or another number' on the FAQ's, there is an 18829 number if he calls the number, he may be able to cancel from there.

Any problems, live chat or 191 should be able to help.  If he has Twitter or Facebook there is also the Social Team here: Contact Us 

edited to add:  Your Dad probably has quite a large amount of unused credit, it would be worth speaking to the Social Team, money is tight now and there is a chance he may be able to get this refunded.  Don't forget the link to the thread, saves all the repeating.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @Sgian 

Your Dad probably activated automatic top up and registered a debit or credit card for the purpose.  He should be able to cancel this by calling the top up line on 2345, if he has the Application installed on his phone or registered an online account he should also be able to cancel from there.  There is further information here: Top up if he scrolls down to ;How can I top up my phone or another number' on the FAQ's, there is an 18829 number if he calls the number, he may be able to cancel from there.

Any problems, live chat or 191 should be able to help.  If he has Twitter or Facebook there is also the Social Team here: Contact Us 

edited to add:  Your Dad probably has quite a large amount of unused credit, it would be worth speaking to the Social Team, money is tight now and there is a chance he may be able to get this refunded.  Don't forget the link to the thread, saves all the repeating.

Thanks for your help.I phoned 191 and managed to get it cancelled.