Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Topup

Matty2703
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I topped up my phone on the 4th of May with £15 bundle that gave me unlimited minutes unlimited text an 20GB of data with seemed to have gone pretty quick so I  phoned Vodafone customer service on the 9th of May so they advised me to top up £20 so that gave me unlimited minutes unlimited text and 40GB of date and now we are on the 12th of May and some how I've ran out of data even though I'm connected to the WiFi me personally I've not got a good thing to say about Vodafone my friend told me to switch from giffgaff to Vodafone but since I've been with Vodafone I've had nothing but trouble.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Most phone's have a data monitor built in or one's are available sometimes via the app store / playstore which helps to show what's being used.

Some phone's can when Wi-Fi connection drops automatically connect to mobile data on the background too.

To stop this from happening there js usually a setting in the Wi-Fi connection settings or turn Off Mobile Data in the phone's settings.

Customer Support on 191 , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams can check your account.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Vodafone can check how much data is used but not what it's been used on.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Matty2703 

When you topped up £20.00 you would also have needed to opt into the new BVB, if this was not done you would have automatically been put on the standard PAYG 1 rates at a cost of £1.00 per day when the original BVB expired, an expensive option when you need the data.   PAYG 1 only give 50 MB of daily data and that goes hardly anywhere. 

This information is here under FAQ's: Big Value Bundles 

Customer Services should have mentioned the necessity of opting into the big BVB, the information is on the website and you wouldn't have been aware of the importance of opting into the new BVB.   It might be worth dropping the Social Team a message though Twitter or Facebook social channels with a link to the thread they will help as much as possible here: Contact Us