Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trip to Europe

felipetnh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello.

I'll travel to the Netherlands on April 11. I'll go to Belgium, Germany, France and also England. I'll stay a total of 13 days in Europe and 3 in England.

Can I activate my SIM card on the Netherlands and still use it in all of these countries?

Also, what's the best SIM card for me for this purpose?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

You will need to enter a UK address on the form @felipetnh Vodafone won't send the SIM to an overseas address and use a UK registered card.  The same as Voxi, the SIM has to be activated in the UK and the first call has to be completed on the local UK network.

The only way you are going to be able to get a UK SIM is when you arrive in the UK from a Vodafone Store, you will then be able to activate and top up the SIM.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS

You will be needing a PAYG SIM for your roaming needs @felipetnh .  If you are intending to use the SIM for EU roaming, the first call needs to be made in the UK on the local network to activate the SIM as the UK is the last place you are visiting this won't work for you.  You would also need to add adequate credit for your roaming needs and this would need to be completed using a UK registered card here: Top Up 

Vodafone PAYG is here: PAYG 

Roaming information is here: Roaming 

Also take a look at Voxi here still Vodafone Voxi 

I would recommend contacting your home network and ask about roaming in the countries you are visiting, they may offer some good rates without the need for a separate overseas country SIM card.

Voxi doesn't work for me, as it requires me to be in the UK in order to activate it.

Also, I'll not end my trip in England, since I'll be back to the Netherlands for 2 more days before heading back to Brazil.

I'm still not sure what's the best SIM card option. (if it even is Vodafone, actually)

Any more tips?

Also, does this plan work for me?

https://freesim.vodafone.co.uk/check-out-bundle?bundle=15bundle

I can't find more information if I can activate it when I arrive at Amsterdam's Airport or not, and if the roaming data works for the total 16 days I'll be on my trip.

AnnS

You will need to enter a UK address on the form @felipetnh Vodafone won't send the SIM to an overseas address and use a UK registered card.  The same as Voxi, the SIM has to be activated in the UK and the first call has to be completed on the local UK network.

The only way you are going to be able to get a UK SIM is when you arrive in the UK from a Vodafone Store, you will then be able to activate and top up the SIM.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately Vodafone doesn't work for me then.