Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone app won't work on iphone5

anneros
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I've just set up an iphone5S with a PAYG sim for my daughter. I bought a £5 bundle and installed the app but it won't work. It starts up but then just sits there with a circle going round and round.  I have turned off wifi and turned on data. I also reset network settings and reinstalled the app.  Any help appreciated thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Did everything go ok when you set up registering for myvodafone. 

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can access your account and help you further with this.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @anneros

If you have uninstalled and reinstalled the application, unless you have deleted the back up copy from itunes, you will only download the icloud back up.

You also need to be in a reasonable good 3 or 4G reception area, sometimes 2G is not adequate when it comes to accessing applications and you are going to need credit. There are a couple of things you can try, the first thing to do is to make sure a chargeable activity has been made on the SIM, this will give the application some account history, secondly go into the application, select storage and clear data and cache.  You may need to set the app up again but hopefully this will solve the problem.

As this is a new PAYG account, you may find the application will start working tomorrow morning when it has has time to find the new account.  

I am sure this will start working for you but if you still have problems, live chat works well or come back to the forum and the Forum Team will always help.

@anneros

A mistype. Should have read i cloud.

Thanks v much for your reply I will try those things. I  not sure how to delete the backup from iTunes. I thought the backup was on iCloud and I don’t think her phone is backing up on iCloud.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

The £5 bundle will include data, but only 100MB of it, so would soon run down if you're in an area with reasonable signal. If you call 2345, it will tell you what allowances you have remaining. I'm not entirely convinced that use of the app counts against one's data allowance, but having data in hand rarely hurts!

Actually, are you getting a mobile data connection? It might be worth looking at https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/apple/iphone-5-ios-10-1/connectivity/set-up-your-phone-for-inter... for pointers, although from what you've said, you may already have tried that.