Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Additional line

jamesoniphone
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

I have a pay monthly SIM that is coming to end of the contract. I see a great deal offered as an additional line - 18 months SIM only, 100GB, £10 a month. If I take this out as an additional line, can I then cancel my original line when the contract ends in a few days time, and just be left with the "additional" line being my only contract?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jamesoniphone

Thanks again everyone for your replies

I have found a different way to resolve this. mobiles.co.uk have a similar upgrade deal, except its a 12 month contract, 100GB for £9.50 a month (£16 before cashback). I put the request in this morning and everything has been done the same day - same number, same SIM card, with immediate effect. 

It seems a shame to have to go via a third party to get Vodafone to do this, but anyway, a good result for me in the end.

Cheers

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I shouldn't see why not @jamesoniphone 

When you cancel your primary line then the additional line would become the primary line.

However for official clarification do speak with customer service on 191 , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I have a friend who did exactly that. Took out the deal as their original contract was up.

Then ported out and back in and is paying the new price.

There's nothing in the order journey that specifies that this is anything other than you taking out another line. 

So you should be absolutely fine.

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Indeed AnnS is incorrect here. The terms she is referring to is the 15% add line discount which does in fact revert to the original price if the first line is cancelled. The £10 100GB sim offer doesn’t have a percentage discount attached and nowhere does it state the line will go up if the first line is cancelled (nor how much it would be).

jamesoniphone

Thanks everyone @AnnS @BandOfBrothers @donnyguy @simax for your replies, I appreciate the time you have taken.

As the messages are very mixed and the answer not at all clear, I'm going to play it safe and not take out the additional line. The deal is advertised £10 as a 50% discount from the usual £20, and I would hate for the discount to be removed when cancelling the original line, so I am not going to go ahead with the deal just in case.

jamesoniphone

Thanks again everyone for your replies

I have found a different way to resolve this. mobiles.co.uk have a similar upgrade deal, except its a 12 month contract, 100GB for £9.50 a month (£16 before cashback). I put the request in this morning and everything has been done the same day - same number, same SIM card, with immediate effect. 

It seems a shame to have to go via a third party to get Vodafone to do this, but anyway, a good result for me in the end.

Cheers