Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Annual Upgrade promise

sarahc1986
4: Newbie

I completed my annual upgrade Sunday device is being delivered today and I don’t want to set it up just incase. I have 3 lines with Vodafone and believe we may have swapped devices between the 3 but they are all the same iPhone required for return. Is the IMEI logged against the numbers and will this be checked or as long as I return the correct model as agreed will my upgrade be honoured? I’ve spoken in chat but nobody seems to understand the annual upgrade process or tell me what IMEI is linked to my number if any and if this matters as long as it’s the right model/storage etc as surely my IMEI will be the new phone anyway? Don’t want to set everything up then find out they won’t accept my device back

3 REPLIES 3

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sarahc1986! The devices will be checked on arrival, if there are any issues this will be communicated to you. The IMEI's are linked to your agreement dates so it's important to make sure you're sending the correct device back. If you've processed the Annual Upgrade on all three devices, they'll be nothing to worry about as we'll simply align them to the right number in the warehouse. 

To check your IMEIs, please pop our Social Media team a message with a link to this thread. Once they've passed security with you, we can check the IMEIs you have on your account to ensure you've sent the correct one back. 

Thanks. I’ve been trying to do this all day and I’ve spoken to several people and nobody seems to be able to help me other than the device I’m using doesn’t look to be the correct IMEI. I’m not sure which devices belong with which number as I swapped a few around and I’ve only upgraded one line so feel it’s easier to cancel and return my upgrade - not that that’s proving easy to do either.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @sarahc1986 - I understand that having multiple lines can make it hard to keep track of which phone belongs to which number on your account. As @Beth mentioned before it's important to make sure, when completing an Annual Upgrade, that we receive the correct device. 

Our returns and/or upgrade team can assist you with this and get it sorted as soon as possible, they can be contacted on 0333 304 0191 or livechat. We wouldn't be able to process a return on social media, but please don't hesitate to get in touch with us on social media if you have any further questions relating to this.