Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Annual upgrade trade in

RLM123
4: Newbie

I have just received a message off Vodafone saying I need to pay an early upgrade fee because they haven’t received my mobile in time. I have proof it was signed for by Vodafone 15th October! So two weeks ago I sent it away. I’ve tried to speak to someone online but there is no advisories available atm I can’t afford to be paying the £400 fee!

5 REPLIES 5

DC81
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We have received the very same message today, and yet we have confirmation they have had the old handset for 7 days.

The customer service we have received after the new phone arrived with no return bag has been shocking to the point that the staff in charge of the process couldn't get it right, multiple phone calls and now we have to make yet another to clear this up, each call has been at length.

I have finally managed to speak to some one but they said there’s a big back log on iPhone and Samsung trade in. But that’s still not our fault when we have sent our mobiles out to them in the time frame given! They said I won’t be charged as the text is automatically sent but I don’t trust them. Definitely won’t be doing a annual upgrade in the future again

Thank you for the update, currently trying to get in touch with someone, hopefully they stay true to their word. We were informed that they had a note on the account not to charge us as they had not sent the return bag with the new phone or after the first request, so it wasn't our fault if the return was outwith the time frame, all the same we returned it the very next day after the bag appeared. This whole process has been nothing but a headache.

I also had the same issue with the return bag. I got told it would be sent out when I got my new phone then I rang up and spoke to a lady a week later who said I need to do it myself on my Vodafone app! It was also put in my notes as well. It’s shocking it really is

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi guys! I'm sorry to hear about the delay in your bags. We have dedicated trade in teams on 191 from a Vodafone phone (03333 040191 from any other UK phone) or through our live chat team here. Our social media team doesn't have access to the systems required to track the bags I'm afraid but the teams above are available 8am to 8pm. I'd recommend contacting them to track the bags themselves for you 🙂