Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CPI

a_ukboy
4: Newbie

Hello, just a quick question, I’m looking to take out a sim only plan, if I did this today would I still be subject to this years CPI? Or would it now be in 2022?

if it’s this year what date could I wait to join to miss this years? 

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

@WelshPaul wrote:

You will be subject to this years CPI increase if you sign up now (5% increase possibly).

My advice... Wait until after April's CPI increase, Vodafone always have "special" deals and so you won't miss out on much.

It is, however, worth looking at what deals you're being offered now as many of them end before the CPI increase hits.   There may be something that's so good that, even if you accept the increase, it's still worthwhile.   If you get a tailored offer, read the terms carefully.   I have one and it appears to say CPI plus (I think) 3.6%.   It's still a super deal, albeit more than I need at the moment.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You will be subject to this years CPI increase if you sign up now (5% increase possibly).

My advice... Wait until after April's CPI increase, Vodafone always have "special" deals and so you won't miss out on much.

hrym

@WelshPaul wrote:

It is, however, worth looking at what deals you're being offered now as many of them end before the CPI increase hits.   There may be something that's so good that, even if you accept the increase, it's still worthwhile.   If you get a tailored offer, read the terms carefully.   I have one and it appears to say CPI plus (I think) 3.6%.   It's still a super deal, albeit more than I need at the moment.

BandOfBrothers

This may help @a_ukboy 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/pricechanges 

“ 

Mobile, Mobile Broadband, Smartwatch, OneNumber

If your plan started before 9 December 2020:

• Your agreement provides for an increase in your monthly bill each April, based on the Retail Price Index (RPI) 
  • We use the RPI figure published by the Office for National Statistics in March and apply the change in April each year, in line with your terms and conditions
  • This also applies to mobile broadband products signed on or after 28 September 2016.

If your plan started from 9 December 2020:

• Your agreement provides for an increase in your monthly bill each April, based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) plus 3.9% 
  • We use the CPI figure published by the Office for National Statistics in January and apply the change in April each year, in line with your terms and conditions
  • In the event that the rate of CPI is negative, we’ll only increase your monthly bill by 3.9% in the relevant year
  • The 3.9% reflects the investments we need to make in our network, rising costs of equipment and services from our suppliers. ”

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.