Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can’t log in

Karenmedium47
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Get internal server error when trying to log in   Changed password.  No difference 

21 REPLIES 21

@Cynric Ok, I understand now that there is a moderation process.  My images are screenshots of the error message 'Internal Server Error'.

If I purposefully use the wrong credentials I get a different message explaining that my Username or Password are incorrect, so I have to assume this isn't the issue.  I've tried several different devices, different browsers, incognito more/inprivate mode.  I am very certain that the issue is not at my end.  Vodafone have reset my username or password at least 11 times now and I'm still at square one.

I've spent hours on the phone to their overseas call centres, to have a new person reset my password or tell me to wait 24 - 48 hours to do it all again.  This has been going on at least 2 months for me and it looks like others are in a similar situation, from what I read on here.

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@kinstray  OK, that sounds like it is a VF problem, but some initial ideas while we wait for the images.

- try a different browser

- turn off any advertising blocker if you have one

- if these don't work, do you know about the F12 key in browsers? If you do, could you find script errors and bad HTTPS response codes (4xx and 5xx)?

Cynric

@kinstray Oh one more thing, deliberately using a bad password could get the logon blocked as the system thinks it's a hacker. Different systems have different rules for how many attempts in a time period so I can't tell you for sure it's what you have done, but it's a possibility.

@Cynric Vodafone have reset both my username and password since. 

I take your point, I won't be excessively trying incorrect credentials. 

The error would indicate that their side tried to process my browsers 'GET' request on the following url: https://login.vodafone.co.uk/internal-api/MultiFactorAuthentication/MobileNumbers which has resolved to various IP addresses (63.33.96.56:443 in my latest try), which I believe is trying to retrieve a list of my mobile numbers to send a 'Security Code' to. 

The body of the response is:

{
"errorCode": "TIL_UNKNOWN_ERROR",
"errorId": null,
"errorMessage": "An unknown TIL error occurred, no proper Dal to TIL error mapping exists",
"itStack": null,
"referenceId": "bbbe6cf8-4249-41e7-8ace-a05809b513d5",
"redirectErrorBackToRP": false,
"errorRedirectUrl": null,
"correlationId": "bbbe6cf8-4249-41e7-8ace-a05809b513d5",
"errorOrigin": "DxIdm"
}

My working theory at the moment is that I have named all my accounts, such as: Steven's Mobile and the apostrophe is causing an issue.  I wish I could clear the names I put on those accounts, but more over, I'm wondering if anyone else with this error did the same as me.

Cynric

@kinstray I've finally seen the images which were very useful. It really looks like VF have a problem. More than likely to be data or it'd be rubbish for everyone else.

When VF reset your password again make sure that they text or email it because there have been occasions when they read it out over the phone incorrectly.

The error code is an unfamiliar one and I thought I knew most of them. 😄

@Cynric On every occasion they have e-mailed me new passwords.  One op even let me read it back to him so he could try it and found the same issue.  I've been through it enough times now to rule out typing/copy and paste issues, although that seems to be their only cure for this issue. 

My error isn't related to bad username or password, I can get past that stage.  I've obviously got something weird against my account in the database that it doesn't like, but I can't seem to get to anyone high enough in VF that can check it out for me.  Their tech team can either reset my password or clear my username so I have to 'register' again.  I have exhausted both several times to no avail. 

Anyone got any contacts in the IT team at VF that could maybe advise??

Cynric

@kinstray It looks like an automapper error but without knowing the left and right sides in the operation we can't be sure of what data is causing the incident. Perhaps asking for a data access under the data protection regulations would let you see what they have actually stored in the db. With today's databases punctuation doesn't trip things up, but what does are guards on web page input fields against code injection attacks. Following your suggestion they could be ignoring punctuation but still have it in the data record. Again it's another VF problem to fix.

Moderator, if you're watching have you any suggestions please?

@Jayach So far 1 user has tried to help and 2 users have tried to supress me.

I just want help logging in to My Vodafone.  It seems I'm not the only person with this issue, if you'd let me converse with some of them.  I've been with Vodafone for years and have 4 personal contracts with them as well as thousands more at work.  It seems really unfair that Vodafone's stance was to:

1. Move to another provider

2. Let your contract expire and try opening a new account (only for 1 number)

3. Take compensation and live with the problem

Cynric

@kinstray  You said, "if you'd let me converse with some of them.". The person may just not be online, but they may also no longer be on here at all as some of the postings are old.

@Cynric Yes, I know that not everyone is going to be sitting online all at once, but with several 2 year contracts, is asking someone a year or so later about an issue really such a big ask?  I know they possibly get an e-mail notification.  It looks like no body even replied to some of the people ☹️ so where's the harm in trying?

Do you get a notification every time I post or something?  Are you not able to simply let me ask the questions without intervening, if you are unable to help or have experience on the matter?