cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't receive calls from non-Vodafone numbers, and now SIM swap stuck!

johna01
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Wonder if anyone has any insights?

My phone has suddenly stopped receiving calls from non-Vodafone networks. I can continue to make calls, and can receive calls from people on Vodafone mobiles, but anyone calling from another network is told that phone is unreachable.

Customer service have tried the lot - resetting phone, checking call forwarding settings, blocking and unblocking account, etc. but no use.

Have been sent a new SIM, and initiated the SIM swap process, but 70 hours later (and multiple phone calls to customer services - all of whom said they will escalate it) and the new SIM is still not active.

Rapidly losing faith that this problem will be resolved, and disappointed in the level of service received so far (promised call backs - but never received).

Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @johna01 I understand how important it is to stay connected and I can also understand your concern. 

It's unusual for a sim swap to take this amount of time - we'll need to look at your account, to see what's going on. Please get in touch with my team over Facebook or Twitter so we can help further. 

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your reply. Using the Facebook messenger app I can see the 'get started' button, but never 'Asked to DM'. Am I missing something here?

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

You may just need to pick the area your query falls under first @johna01 - so yours would be account or networks. Any of the options are fine to get through to us though 🙂 

Well Amanda, I'm afraid that the service I'm receiving from the messenger team is even worse! Someone acknowledge my message over an hour ago, and that's been it! 

I'm afraid Vodafone is really dropping the ball on this......

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

We aim to reply to all messages over Facebook/Twitter as soon as possible, my team will be in touch soon 🙂

4 hours later and still no reply....

Not sure what timeframe your team thinks is acceptable to respond to a DM.

24 hours later, a call to customer complaints, a promise to get it resolved today (and a call back to check it was done). Guess what? Problem still not fixed and no call back. Utterly pathetic. How do I cancel my contract so I can move to another company that can actually provide a functioning service?

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Good morning,

Definitely a strange one. Completely understand your frustration with this and to be fair, from the story you've told, it would usually point to an issue with a number port. Porting your number to Vodafone from another network. What you're describing is usually the symptom of a split port.

But you didn't mention number porting. It wasn't part of the problem statement. In fact you said "suddenly happened" so assume you'd been working all fine with Vodafone for quite some time before this problem occurred?

Also fully understand you're not happy with the service you're getting from front line. I'd recommend either calling through on 191 and speak to someone or escalate via www.vodafone.co.uk/complaints

I wish you good luck 

Hi donnyguy,

That's right. I've been with Vodafone for quite a while, and then out of the blue, this problem occurred. Was told a SIM swap would resolve it, but it has now been 5 days since the SIM swap process was initiated and the new SIM still isn't active!

More frustrating than the problem is the level of customer service provided by Vodafone. I've called technical every day for 6 days now, always a promise that the problem is being escalated, or will be resolved in a couple of hours and we'll call you back to check. And then, nothing.

All the while, I'm paying for a phone service that doesn't work.....