Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling a sim only contract

BSF74
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

If you cancel a sim only contract  within 14 days do you have to return the sim?

the reason I ask is because I placed two separate orders for the same sim only package and have now decided only to keep one 

however I have received two separate sims one for each account and there is no way of identifying which sim is for which account on the packaging they came in 

the only way I can think of finding out the phone number on each sim is to put both in a phone, but I don’t what to do this if I have to return the one sim unused 

I would be grateful if an employee can confirm what my options are, or whether I can find out the phone number on the sims another way

thank you 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @BSF74 

No Vodafone won't require the sim card back. They'll cancel at their end rendering the sim card inactive.

Customer services via Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger can officially clarify as we are fellow customers.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

If there was a phone etc included them that would need to be returned.

I highly doubt Vodafone would send a Returns Pack to have a sim card sent back to them or insist a person makes the journey to a Vodafone Highstreet Store to return a sim card that's been deactivated.. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

As with all cancellations you must return the product @BSF74 , this will confirm to Vodafone that you wish to cancel.    The SIM will be pre activated and you may find Vodafone will charge for the time you have had the SIM.

Try putting the SIM into a phone and dialing *#100# this will bring up the number.

edited to add:  @BSF74 the number should be on the SIM card packaging where you press out the SIM, take a look there, Vodafone should also have a record of the numbers sent to you.

Follow this link :  Returns 

@anns   thanks I’ve checked all packaging of both sims and can’t find the phone or account numbers anywhere 

the only number on the back of each sim is the sim serial number which isn’t referenced on the welcome email I’ve had today confirming all relevant details the only numbers on the email are the account number and phone 

I’ll have to do a live chat tomorrow and ask them to give me the sim number from the details I give them of the account I want to keep