Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract ends I want to switch to pay monthly

lainas2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, my contract ends on the 25th of this month. I bought Samsung on contract with Vodafone through Carphone Warehouse. I want to know what should I do to switch to pay as you go or change the network and switch to pay as you go? They said if I won't do anything they will continue charging me over 50 pounds! I was looking into the mobile switching tab on my account and it said I will have to pay 18 pounds early termination fee. This doesn't make any sense, as it's also written that the new bill will be created on the 25th, so it seems like I can't do anything without losing money. Can someone explain this?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @lainas2 

From what I understood you mentioned you bought Samsung on contract with Vodafone through Carphone.

Never mind, even easier.

On the day your contract ends, text PAC to 65075, move the number out to any other network. As you are out of contract no need to wait 30 days and no termination charges with line rental paid in advance you will already have paid for an extra month and Vodafone may well owe you money. Just make absolutely sure you have paid all the charges and have your 0.00 bill in front of you, Vodafone will cancel the direct debit when they have paid the credit or collected any extra charges to the account.

If you want to move the number back to Vodafone on PAYG follow the link to keep my Number.

edited to add: you will have access to your bills for 6 months, to continue to receive the log in security code, Vodafone recommend setting up an alternative contact number on the account.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

AnnS

Hi @lainas2 

From the sound of things you want to transfer your Vodafone number to the new third party Carphone contract.  If this is that you would like to do don't go the PAYG route, far better to port the number out to any other network and port back in.

This is your procedure.  

Order a PAYG from an alternative network

Text PAC to 65075 when you have the code port the number to the other network PAYG SIM.

Port back in to Vodafone by following this link: Keep My Number follow the link joining from another network

You will have your previous number on the new contract within 24 hours and no waiting 30 days for the number to move to PAYG, plus no extra charges when you are out of contract.  You continue to use the same online account and log in details.

As you will be cancelling your previous contract also see here: Cancellation 

No, I don't want any more contracts. I just want a simple pay-as-you-go sim from Vodafone or another network provider. Since I don't use my phone at all these days.