Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract ends I want to switch to pay monthly

lainas2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, my contract ends on the 25th of this month. I bought Samsung on contract with Vodafone through Carphone Warehouse. I want to know what should I do to switch to pay as you go or change the network and switch to pay as you go? They said if I won't do anything they will continue charging me over 50 pounds! I was looking into the mobile switching tab on my account and it said I will have to pay 18 pounds early termination fee. This doesn't make any sense, as it's also written that the new bill will be created on the 25th, so it seems like I can't do anything without losing money. Can someone explain this?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @lainas2 

From what I understood you mentioned you bought Samsung on contract with Vodafone through Carphone.

Never mind, even easier.

On the day your contract ends, text PAC to 65075, move the number out to any other network. As you are out of contract no need to wait 30 days and no termination charges with line rental paid in advance you will already have paid for an extra month and Vodafone may well owe you money. Just make absolutely sure you have paid all the charges and have your 0.00 bill in front of you, Vodafone will cancel the direct debit when they have paid the credit or collected any extra charges to the account.

If you want to move the number back to Vodafone on PAYG follow the link to keep my Number.

edited to add: you will have access to your bills for 6 months, to continue to receive the log in security code, Vodafone recommend setting up an alternative contact number on the account.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers

It is correct that a Pay Monthly Contract does not end. It instead drops onto a 30 day rolling contract.

To switch to Payg then choose to do this near the end of your contract so any early termination fee is nominal or non existent.

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can help you to move the contact type.

moving-from-pay-monthly-to-pay-as-you-go. 

How-do-I-switch-between-Pay-monthly-and-Pay-as-you-go. 

Don't cancel your direct debit until the change has happened and you've received the final bill.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook can also help.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

But they will charge me for the next month on 25th when the contract ends? 

BandOfBrothers

The move from Pay Monthly to Payg takes 30 days @lainas2 

In regards to billing Vodafone would I assume refund any monies taken that then do not belong to them.

This is why it's important to keep your direct debit in place.

Current Phone  >

This is a similar thread.

Contract-expiring-want-to-change-to-PAYG. 

@lainas2 

Current Phone  >

Would you recommend me to switch to another network provider 1 day before the contract ends? Would that be enough time? 

AnnS

Hi @lainas2 

From what I understood you mentioned you bought Samsung on contract with Vodafone through Carphone.

Never mind, even easier.

On the day your contract ends, text PAC to 65075, move the number out to any other network. As you are out of contract no need to wait 30 days and no termination charges with line rental paid in advance you will already have paid for an extra month and Vodafone may well owe you money. Just make absolutely sure you have paid all the charges and have your 0.00 bill in front of you, Vodafone will cancel the direct debit when they have paid the credit or collected any extra charges to the account.

If you want to move the number back to Vodafone on PAYG follow the link to keep my Number.

edited to add: you will have access to your bills for 6 months, to continue to receive the log in security code, Vodafone recommend setting up an alternative contact number on the account.

I mean I bought Samsung on contract from Carphone, but I don't want to get another contract when this one will end on 25th, I'm not changing the device, I just want to get out of paying anything monthly, I just want to pay for data and other stuff whenever I need it. Will the solution still work? On my dashboard, I can see it states, that my future bill will be 48.81. The same amount is showing under charges. 

AnnS

Yes definitely.

As mentioned line rental is paid in advance anything overpaid will be credited back to your bank that's the reason it is so important to keep the direct debit open.

This will also the the predicted bill for next month, if you cancel on your contract end date Vodafone will only collect what is due by direct debit.

Thank you for replying and being patient with me :Smiling: I hope I'll be able to switch without problems then, as I read it takes 1 working day.