Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data Fair use Limit

Mobilemandan
4: Newbie

Evening All

Can anyone from the Vodafone team quickly confirm the fair use amount for data if you are on Unlimited Max.

I can't see an actual figure anywhere apart from being for personal use and not going over the excessive use amount but can't see.

I did see a while ago on ISPReview someone said it was something silly like 3TB or 8TB so wanted to find out.

Three UK don't have a limit as I used 1.1TB last month and was still fine

EE used to be 1TB but then screwed everyone over changing it to 600GB mid contract and won't let you leave or change so looking to move my main number over to Vodafone if its confirmed the limit.

Cheers

14 REPLIES 14

Vodafone are incredibly vague about this, there's so many differing opinions to not being disconnected to being restricted or throttled, I've raised two complaints and none of which have been resolved as of yet - the suggestion was to move from consumer unlimited max capped at 1TB to business capped at 9TB as that would cover me really, but the companies ive used have no credit history thus have both failed credit checks.

Vodafone seem like they are too big and hugely disjointed even the complaints teams have no idea what their left and right legs are doing, I would recommend taking this to Ofcom as I'm in the process of doing that myself.

IMG_0354.jpeg

 just a heads up everyone, now in the terms and conditions Vodafone state if you use more than 600GB for 2 months in 6 they will investigate and maybe more 

Anyone else had the warning?

That only applies to contracts since August (I think, I remember looking and seeing that there was no limit on Consumer, but there was (and still is) a 500gb limit on business plans) - Internally the "limit" is probably still 9TB, the same as it has been since they launched but who knows with these warnings are coming from.

@unlimited_max The business cap has been 500gb according to their AUP for a long time, so it would in fact be a downgrade, as well as a renewal actually locking you into those terms. 

The big question is when was the AUP modified so whose contracts does it actually impact, they don't have a modifications clause so it can only impact contracts created after the date it was updated, and does VF stick by the word of it's agents (both in the legal and job title sense) in them saying there are no limits.

Personally I always have YT on in the background at 1080/1440p (including helping me sleep) as background noise so them saying 500+ hours of HD streaming is nothing, and that's not taking into account software updates and work and everything else that the internet's used for.

OK I've just worked it out, and 1TB is equivalent to 16 hours of streaming video at 5mbps (the minimum, according to YouTube, for 1080p) a day for a month (30 days) - It's not even unlikely that I'd cross the 500gb and 600gb just in YouTube alone 👀