Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data Services connect message

john080347
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Since I received my new phone, a Xiaomi Note 9, I have been receiving the same message almost every day from Vodafone: "It's time to get connected. To enable data on this device, connect to a WiFi network and head to https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/set-up-your-phone-for-internet.

Then select your device, follow the simple steps and you'll be good to go."

I have already connected the phone to mobile data, over a week ago now, but as soon as I am away from my home Wifi I get this same message, and I can't work out how to stop the messages coming. 

Any ideas?

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

This could be a a deeper account/sim issue @Jansingleton. I'd recommend contacting our Social Media team here so that we can investigate further for you.

Thanks jack! Any idea why the OnePlus brand isn't an option when I click on the link vodaphone have sent me?

Good to see I'm not the only one! I returned the Xiaomi phone for a refund; it appears it has a bug in the connection software. But now I have a Samsung M31, I have the same problem as you: this new phone isn't listed when I am asked to connect to data services. You'd think that Vodafone would have all the Samsung models listed, wouldn't you? 😕

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi guys! If you contact our Social Media team using the link @Anonymous sent above, they'll be able to help 🙂

That really isn't very helpful. I have both a Twitter and a Facebook account, but when sending messages to Vodafone in either it just refers me to the web site FAQs, or the Chat service. And the Chat service is often too busy to wait for an assistant; and when I finally speak to an assistant, they have very limited knowledge and tell me to check the web site FAQs! Why can't you just pass our comments on to the management for actioning? No-one seems to want to take responsibility for anything these days.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Before we can attempt to contact you @john080347, we'll need to request some contact details. To do this safely, we need you to provide them via a private message. When you're on with Facebook or Twitter,  select the link to send us a private message from our home page (On Facebook this a speech bubble with a lightening bolt & on Twitter is an envelope), once you've done this select the 'asked to DM' option and you'll be asked to provide your details and a little about your issue. When we've got your information, one of our team will be able to take a look into your issue and provide a resolution 😊

Has75
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had the same spam text message start being sent to my Samsung  Galaxy Note 10 which I have had for 2 years and have been using data for those two years. The issue started after a recent upgrade. So the fault on my handset was due to the upgrade. I got in contact with tech support who said this is a common fault on Android phones. You need to create a new APN to flag to the network that you have registered for data then the messages stop. To create a new APN follow these steps:

Varun1. Find "Access Point Names"
Slide two fingers downwards starting from the top of the screen.
Press the settings icon.
Press Connections.
Press Mobile networks.
Press Access Point Names.
Press Add.
Press Name.
Key in Vodafone Internet and press OK.
Press APN
wap.vodafone.co.uk and press OK
Press username
wap and press OK
Press Password
wap and press OK
press MCC
234 and press OK
Press MNC
15 and press OK
Press Authentication Type
Press None
Press APN type
default and press OK
Press Menu Icon
Press Save

Thanks for sharing the above settings @Has75, you'll have to keep an eye on this when you next update your phone.