Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Default notice on credit report

davidabraham
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Default Notice

Can anyone advise how to deal with a removal of an invalid Default Notice?

On 26 October 2015 Vodaphone registered a Default Notice with Experian and Equifax for a default balance of 28 GBP.  Vodafone have registered a Default Notice against my name even though I have never had an account registered with them in my name. I have been trying to resolve this matter for over 12 months and whilst I have been given reassurances by the Quality Assurance Team that they would resolve this and, even though I have spoken to them on numerous occasions, the Default Notice still remains on my file. After months of calling various departments I finally was put through to Quality Assurance on 23 October 2017 and was promised on several occasions over a 24 hour period that the Notice would be removed. I spent hours on the phone with the Finance Department, Complaints Department and various other departments of Vodafone. I was promised that the Notice would be deleted with immediate effect from my personal credit file. I was reassured that the inaccurate and untrue recording would be deleted from the files of all UK credit reference agencies.  The Default Notice was to be immediately removed as in actual fact I never had an account in my name with Vodafone. I emailed the details to the qualilty assurance vodafone email address.

Today 26 April 2018 I was declined on an application for a mortgage due to my poor credit rating caused by this Default Notice remaining live on my file and having been updated by Vodafone as recently as April 2018.  Almost 3 years after this incorrect entry they are still updating it monthly to advise that the amount remains unpaid. It has ruined my credit rating and has caused us to lose the house we are renting and want to purchase. This is just horrendous and I don’t want anyone else to suffer this horrific nightmare. I just don’t know what I can do to get this Notice removed. I cannot even pay the amount as the account was closed down but this problem remains causing stress, aggravation and significant financial loss. I can only apply for a Bad Credit mortgage now as my credit is so low and the banks are refusing to lend me money. I am disappointed that notwithstanding the repeated reassurances that the attached Default Notice would be removed on admission by Vodafone that it was incorrectly registered against my name it still remains and continues to cause me significant financial loss.

Can anyone help me?

34 REPLIES 34

Hello there @WAHABZAHIDPK - thank you for reaching out to us - I understand how important it is to have the right information on your credit report. 

We have a dedicated Fraud team that can fully investigate this for you - you can raise it to us on our 'Reporting suspected fraud' page or via my team on social media. 

If you include a link to your post along with your username, you won't need to explain things again to us 🙂 

unfortunately they have declared it as "no fraud being carried", despite showing them my flight tickets that I was not in the country and despite showing them my rental agreement for new property which clearly says I moved out of the property, they still are accusing me of this contract, vodafone has been very aggressive towards me by giving me discounts if I pay, but I has not done it so why should I pay

Thanks for getting back to me @WAHABZAHIDPK - please come and speak to my team over social media as mentioned above, so we can look into it further. 

If you select the option Get Started and then Message an agent, this will bypass the automated options and get you through to my team 🙂 

I TRIED THE SOCIAL MEDIA OPTION TODAY, INITIALLY IT TOOK THEM 20 MINS TO IDENTIFY MY ACCOUNT, THEN THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WILL GIVE ME 25 POUNDS DISCOUNT IF I PAY IN FULL TODAY, IF I HAVE NOT DONE ANY THING WRONG THEN WHY SHOULD I PAY, ACCORDING TO VODAFONE IT CAN BE IMPERSONATION OR THEFT OF ID,  I AM ONCE AGAIN CLAIMING TO BE WRONGLY ACCUSED, VODAFONE DOES NOT HAVE ANY PROOF IF ADDRESS OR ID AGAINST ME WHEN THEY WERE ISSUING THIS CONTRACT, WHILE SPEAKING TO THE PERSON ON PHONE HE QOUTED WRONG SORT CODE AS WELL. I SPEND AN HOUR EVERY DAY IN AN EFFORT TO CLEAR MY SELF, PLEASE CLEAR MY NAME FROM THIS DEFAULT, I WONT CLAIM ANYTHING IN RETURN , GIVE ME CLEAR INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED, WHO TOOK A CONTRACT OUT ON MY NAME, WHAT WAS THE CONTRACT ABOUT, WAS IT A PHONE OR BROADBAND, WAS IT POSTED TO MY OLD ADDRESS, BE MORE CLEAR TO ME, VODAFONE CAN NOT ABBUSE INNOCENT PEOPLE

@WAHABZAHIDPK - We need to access your account to take a thorough look into what’s happened. I understand that you’ve mentioned you’ve already spoke to us through Social Media. If you’ve passed a security check there, then we can give you further details on the social chat.

Please come back to us there and ask for further information.

Gemma I have passed the security check, Vodafone insists that I have to pay this bill and they will not remove any default from my credit file, they are saying there is no fraud, Initially I visited a Vodafone store, the lady in the store created an account and give me account number, they have send an online deadlock letter to me, I dont want any compensation, just want them to clear my name and mark it as fraud. All I have noticed is Vodafone want to avoid the fact that I will ask for compensation 

Thanks for getting back to us @WAHABZAHIDPK 

As you've mentioned we've reached a point of deadlock in relation to this, it now means we're unable to intervene. 

Your next steps would be to contact our Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider, Communication & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) - this information is also included on your deadlock email/letter from our Customer Relations team. 

Dear Sirs

I was informed by Vodafone recently about the above referenced account that a fraud was detected and they will close my account and take necessary actions to clear from credit file.
They told me that I will be able to apply for credit related products in 72 hours and that credit firms such as Experian will clear my name in 30 days time, but I am still struggling to apply for any credit based product, my Experian credit score is still low due to vodafone untraced bills. I will appreciate if vodafone will be able to help me with this asap

Thanks for getting back to us @WAHABZAHIDPK and keeping us updated. 

Any amendments made to a credit file are visible to all major lenders within 48 hours and due to the way credit reference agencies collate their reports, it can take up to 30 working days for you to see any changes on your own report. 

Dear Sirs

I was informed by Vodafone recently about the above referenced account that a fraud was detected and they will close my account and take necessary actions to clear from credit file.
They told me that I will be able to apply for credit related products in 72 hours and that credit firms such as Experian will clear my name in 30 days time, but I am still struggling to apply for any credit based products, my Experian credit score is still low due to vodafone untraced bills. I will appreciate if vodafone will be able to help me with this Asap