Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dial up tone interrupting phone calls

Benigmatix
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Why am I getting dial up tones during phone calls? is it a case of switching data off at these times or are dial up tones something else?

4 REPLIES 4

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Benigmatix, let's get to the bottom of this for you! Please can you let us know the following:

• The make and model of the phone you're using
  • When you first noticed the issue
  • Does this happen on all calls? Does it affect incoming, outgoing or both calls?
  • Are you using Wi-Fi Calling during these calls or is your phone connected to our network?

hrym
17: Community Champion

This would happen if you put the current call on hold in order to make another one.   Normally, the device's proximity sensor turns the screen off when you hold it up to your ear precisely to avoid unwanted screen taps.   It almost sounds as though this isn't happening.   Some screen protectors can affect the proximity sensor, so that would be worth consideration.

Thanks, to answer your questions:-

Vodafone smart first 7

I think it's been going on a month

I think it mostly happens on outgoing calls but can happen on incoming.

I don't usually use Wifi but I keep mobile data on often if not all the time.

hrym

Could you try using handsfree for a few calls and see if that stops it?   If so, the proximity sensor might well be the problem.

My standard fix for weird issues is to clear recent apps.  It frees up memory and resources and also forces apps to reload from scratch, which can sometimes stop wayward behaviour.