cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Direct Debit set up despite no SIM sent and cancellation request.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After a year and a half of being messed around with my previous broadband provider I have a severe intolerance for shoddy customer service or at least what I perceive it to be.

Ordered a SIM on sim only 24 months.  Thinking it's quite a long time for a SIM only but it has the best price and Vodafone seems to have really good coverage in my area.

Sits confirmed with no despatch and account details come up with unexpected error.

Chat help very slow - tells me I need to wait for the sim to get into the account sections of vodafone.

Order Tracking - sits as confirmed with no despatch and date of expected delivery has lapsed 2 days.

Tried chat again - very slow - takes 4 to 5 minuted between repsonses.

Just tells me to have patience you will get your sim eventually.

I requested cancellation of the order and he says he has done that.

This morning SIM still not despatched and my bank account has a Vodafone direct debit set up on it.

Am I expecting too much or is this normal customer service these days?

I assume I will have 14 days from when the sim arrives to cancel without payment and I can delete this direct debit?

11 REPLIES 11

AnnS
17: Community Champion

There is probably a delay with the Christmas and Bank Holiday @Anonymous , as this is just a SIM, it would probably be send by Royal Mail. Vodafone should keep you updated throughout the order process and you should receive an updated email when dispatched.  As banks need at lest two weeks notice for a direct debit, this would have been set up in readiness to take payment when the first bill had been produced.

It does sound like you need someone to check this for you.  Speak to the Social Team through Twitter or Facebook social channels and they will help where they can here: Contact Us 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I will see if SIM turns up ie. despatches.  I don't intend to activate or use it and will endeavour to cancel again.

My wife bought me a FIND X3 neo outright so don't need a handset and not bothered about keeping numbers which is why I put in a cancellation to my current provider when I ordered new SIM from Vodafone. So I have some time to find a provider.

Although I am wondering if I changed my mind and kept the SIM if and when it arrives what happens to my cancellation request of last night?  I received no emails to confirm cancellation or anything of anything.

Can I ask does Vodafone use UK for customer support.  I made it a thing that any new providers for BB, Mobile etc would have UK support? Moved to BT from VM and intended to move to Vodafone from o2.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome.

Vodafone should cancel as per your request.

You could drop the sim into a Vodafone Highstreet Store or they may send a Returns Pack. From what I've seen in past posts due to the cost of a sim card it's probably more practical for Vodafone to write the sim card off.

I can see your not fully committed to cancelling as your considering your options.

Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter DM or Facebook Messenger can access the account and clarify.

Retain screenshots or transcripts of any communication confirming cancellation and also check any email spam folders for communication.

Vodafone uses both local and outsourced call centres @Anonymous 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Generally @Anonymous you would need to make a cancellation when the SIM was received, the order is still confirmed and you would probably receive the SIM following the end of the Bank Holiday period.  With the current situation, I wouldn't be surprised if Vodafone are managing on a skeleton staff.

There should be some cancellation information with the SIM.  

Whatever you decide the Social Team are there to help, don't hesitate in dropping them a message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got into the account.  It sent a text code through.  I spoke to a lady from a UK store but she seemed to think I had to give 30 days notice.  As I have no access to a sim that's not sent yet she couldn't confirm much or anything.  I can see the mobile number and I have a bill coming at the end of January for £36.

She has advised I visit a store to get a new sim, have them move the number to that sim and then call up and cancel or get the store to help with the cancellation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've honestly never experienced worse.  Actually I have but it's very close to call.

Visited a store and was asked to prove why I am mask exempt and I had to display my disability, normally explaining I'm mask exempt is enough. 

The guy gave me the sim....  I want to cancel this before I am billed at all but the chat woman this morning said I had to put the sim in order to receive a secure code.  Does putting the sim in mean I will be charged for some usage?

edit: chat has said I need to call 191 and ask for early life returns.  it all sounds rather sinister but I tried 20 mins ago and it just says the team cant take my call.

I've never seen such hassle. i will make sure this is terminated inside the 14 days. I am not paying a penny.

BandOfBrothers

I'm dismayed that you were asked such questions in the store @Anonymous 

We all know that if a person explains they are exempt that's enough explanation needed.

I'd suggest to turn Off Mobile Data in your phone's settings before inserting your sim card which would stop Mobile Data Connection. 

Current Phone  >

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's normally enough that I say I am exempt - I'm fully vaxxed and compliant with all other aspects of covid related requirements.  I showed my disability and explained I'm waiting on surgery via NHS so cannot put a mask on or even wear reading glasses.

I've decided to stay with o2 on a rolling 30 day contract and have used their chat to cancel my disconnection and stay on 30 days rolling.

Our household mobile bills exceed £200 between 5 of us monthly and I had convinced them Vodafone coverage in our area was better than o2, our current provider, alas the customer service appears not.  I certainly won't visit that store again.

This is all my honest experience and I have no axe to grind.  I really wanted to sign up properly with Vodafone and port 3 numbers over and take 2 new ones.  If I cancel this all down and in a few months I try again in a different store will that be allowed?

BandOfBrothers

Allow at least 90 days to elapse for your credit score to recover however apart from that Yes you can reapply when you wish to  @Anonymous 

Current Phone  >