main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

E-Sim proplems with Motorola Razr

JGBulmer
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have a new unlocked Motorola Razr phone. I've tried to switch my phone over to the E-Sim and it doesn't work. (I should say I have a Sim only contract with Vodafone)
Vodafone chat help have been less than helpful, they try and active the E-Sim in the new phone and de-activate my physical Sim in the old phone. This fails and I have to switch back. They’ve tried 3 times. They said they’ll put in a ticket for further technical help but they just ended up de-activated my old sim without telling me and the E-Sim still didn’t work.
The problem is the Sim Network unlock pin, Vodafone pin’s don’t work and I need to talk to someone that actually knows what there talking about. I don’t want another QR code to scan because it doesn’t work.
If it’s something wrong with the phone, then I can go back to Motorola and ask but I need to speak to someone that knows it’s a problem with the phone not Vodafone.
This is extremely frustrating and I want to talk to someone that know what they’re doing so I don’t go through the same conversation again & again.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It may then be beneficial to have a chat with the Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Unfortunately Account Access isn't available via this forum.

I wish you all the best with this @JGBulmer 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @JGBulmer 

The Motorola Razr is not on the list of compatible supported eSIM devices here: Check if your device is eSIM compatible and that may well be be cause of your problems.  However, the device does support eSIM and it may be coming to the list of compatible devices.

As your SIM has been deactivated, it may be necessary to ask Vodafone for a replacement SIM to use in the phone.  If you use web chat, an advisor will be able to get this sent to you, the SIM can be activated here: Replacement SIM cards 

View more options
JGBulmer
2: Seeker

Hi,

Yes i saw the list and checked with someone on live chat before purchasing the phone. They mentioned it was supported. If this is not the case then i'm happy to take the phone back but no one can give me the answer. 

I tried to activate the Sim with someone on live chat last night using this same form and got an email saying "there's a problem with your SIM swap request" Then it pointed me back at the same form that dosen't work.

View more options
Mark

I'm sorry @JGBulmer, it sounds like the adviser was mistaken. I don't believe we currently offer eSIM option for the Razr. We're constantly looking to expand the number of phones eligible to use this option, so I'm sure it'll be available soon. Keep an eye on the list in the link @AnnS provided, as soon as it's available for the Razr it'll be added there.

View more options