Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Entertainment issues "Oh dear! It looks like you already have Youtube Premium"

hi_im_B4nKs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This seems to be a common issue. My 24 month Entertainment ran for a single month and then stopped working. After many attempts to get this resolved it's not looking promising.  It seems likely that this issue is only for people who are renewing a contract and having an entertainment package for the second time. I've tried applying the package to another youtube account and the issue persists suggesting the issue is with my Vodafone account not the Youtube account.

Support agents have said it's a known issue that is being worked on but there are posts relating to this from march 2021 so it doesn't seem likely that it will be resolved imminently. The go to move of customer service is resetting youtube premium and sending another text message to reapply it hasn't worked for me the few times it's been tried.

Experience from others is that escalation of the issue results in promises of people calling back and then hearing nothing.

The only solution that presents itself to me as likely to work is cancelling my contract with Vodafone and taking it out again with a new account to circumvent the issues that plague my account. Unfortunately customer services must be heavily targeted against customers leaving and although i would be coming back they say that an early leaving fee would be applied.

My predicament is, do I stick with a product that is missing features but save my time? Do I try to resolve the issue myself and cancel whilst fighting the leaving fees? Or do I spend hours of my time contacting agents in an attempt to have them resolve vodafones issues?

I'm hoping the community may have some experience dealing with this.

5 REPLIES 5

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hi_im_B4nKs - I'm sorry to hear the experience you're having with your Entertainment Pack. You shouldn't need to leave and start again to get this resolved. 

My team can take a look at what's happening and help to get this resolved. Please come and talk to us on Social Media. To saving explaining it again, you could include a link to this post. 

Hello i'm back again a year later trying to get this resolved, currently on a chat with a customer service rep and having to explain the whole situation again. I don't use social media so would need another way of sorting this out. It has been a YEAR and this is still no closer to being resolved!

I've replied to you here @hi_im_B4nKs but I can see from this message you don't use social media! It sounds like you're already in the right place, but just in case, you'll need to contact our team on Live Chat or 191 instead.

Did this ever get resolved? I’m having the same issue 

Hey @Eathan5899 So we can help, please drop the Social Media Team a message.