main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Error 2111

Fryfryboy
2: Seeker

Hello,

I recently had a new phone, when I try to access the my Vodafone app i get error message 2111, I have tried resetting the app several times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times but keep getting this message plz help 

440EC7F9-0287-4640-B8CF-10035BB7D70B.png

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you able to go into the app via the settings in your phone under the apps section and clear it's cache files @Fryfryboy 

Typically when an app is deleted it's retained in your back up so when you download it again your getting the same app not a fresh version so if you can delete the app from your back up then try that.

Customer services on 191 , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check your account.

Myvodafone and getting-started. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.0  / Android 11.

View more options
Fryfryboy
2: Seeker

I’m using an iOS device, it’s not giving much options. Nothing like clear cache.

DB5FDB69-3568-4808-AF66-F5482D6F4711.png

View more options
AnnS

Hi @Fryfryboy 

If you were previously using an iphone when you set up the phone the applications from the previous devise should have automatically transferred to the new phone.

As this is a new phone, try resetting the a APN setting by texting WEB to 40127, for Vodafone to locate the account you need to use mobile data for the first log in.   IF the new phone was an upgrade, you need to wait until you have received the following months this gives the application time to catch up with any pro rata billing and change of tariff.

Also further information on APN settings from device guides here: Device Guides 

As you are using an iphone, before reinstalling the application, you also need to delete from your icloud/Apple account and then install as fresh copy form the Apple store. 

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Unfortunately an iPhone won't allow you to clear cache files like can be done with an android phone @Fryfryboy 

So as I touched upon delete the app from your phone , iTunes under library and from your icloud and then try again.

And customer services can check their end too.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.0  / Android 11.

View more options
Cactus
1: Seeker

I’ve been experiencing the exact same thing since I replaced my phone last week!!

View more options
Evie

Hey @Cactus - Have you tried the steps advised above by @AnnS and @BandOfBrothers?

If you have and you're still having issues accessing the app, could you drop us a message on social media with your full name and mobile/account number please? We'll need to have a look over your account and make sure everything is as it should be.

View more options