Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Failed credit check but no credit check performed

Umiamz
4: Newbie

Earlier this week I applied for a pay monthly SIM only contract but failed the credit check. This is the first time this has ever happened and came as quite a surprise, given my credit status. I was prepared to leave it at that, but today I've checked my credit reports for all three credit reference agencies and there are no signs of either a soft or hard credit check from Vodafone at all.

I've read on here that there have been technical issues on occasions with the credit check so I'm wondering if this is what has happened. Is it worth appealing on these grounds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Effie

Hey @Umiamz I hope you're well 😊 I can certainly appreciate how concerning and surprising it can be to fail a credit check unexpectedly. As we have no account access on the community, please get in touch with the Social Media team here. They will be able to check your account and contact the Credit File team on your behalf to see why you failed it and correct it if needs be 🙂

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Effie

Hey @Umiamz I hope you're well 😊 I can certainly appreciate how concerning and surprising it can be to fail a credit check unexpectedly. As we have no account access on the community, please get in touch with the Social Media team here. They will be able to check your account and contact the Credit File team on your behalf to see why you failed it and correct it if needs be 🙂

Hi @Effie  - thanks, I've sent them a DM on Twitter.

Just to add that this has been sorted and I’ve now got the SIM only plan that I wanted 🙂