Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Failing to receive OTP codes from Santander

LS_8
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My ability to receive OTP codes from Santander has stopped.  This didn't use to be a problem but for some reason I am no longer able to receive these to my mobile.  I have spoken to Santander who insist that the OTP's are being generated and they don't see a problem their end.  Likewise I have also spoken to Vodafone who also insist that there is no problem their end or that there are any blocks on my account.  I have tried my sim in an alternative mobile device but this doesn't resolve the problem.  Consequently I'm in a position where I am unable to use my banking service.  I'm thinking if I can't get a further help with this then I'll have to ditch Santander or Vodafone or both to resolve the problem.

Any help with my frustration much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

MarkD

Hi @LS_8, how long has this been happening for and is it just the bank that you don't receive the OTP codes from? Can you also let us know, have you recently requested to change your mobile number? This can be a straight change or bringing a number over from another provider. 

Thank you for your reply. I guess I have been having this issue for the past 3 months. I do receive push notifications and OTP codes from other companies/credit card but not Santander. In talking to Santander they confirm that the message is generated and sent when it is requested online for authentication.  I haven't changed my number I originally ported from ee about 18months ago. VF customer service are sending another sim card, I'm not convinced it's the solution but I'm grateful for any help.

Thanks

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@LS_8 Thanks for getting back to us! If you find you're still having issues with receiving the OTP codes to your new SIM card, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we can escalate this to our Network team.

If you do need to message us, please include your Community username along with a link to your post - you then won't need to write your query out again and we'll help.