Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

* HELP PLEASE *

francl26
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I received a replacement sim and waited until 24 hours for it to be activated. Well nothing happened so I contacted Vodafone and they said everything is fine their end and to wait another 24 hours. Well it's been over a week now and my sim still won't register or activate in my mobile. Any suggestions please?

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @francl26 

That shouldn't have happened, I wonder if Vodafone have sent a correct blank numberless pay monthly SIM or your phone is not reading the SIM, it might be worth trying the SIM in a different phone.

I would follow this link and speak directly to the Social Media Team, they will be able to make sure everything is correct as far as connection to the network is concerned. Contact Us 

I've tried that and still no help, I don't know what else to do

BandOfBrothers

Did customer services suggest performing a sim swap @francl26 

Activate-a-new-SIM / What-is-a-SIM-swap-and-when-do-I-need-to-do-it. 

Why did you need a new sim originally ?

It maybe worth checking again with Vodafone Customer services on 191 or Live Chat to check no account bars have been placed on your account.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@BandOfBrothers  gives some good advise, if the SIM was a replacement for a previously lost or stolen SIM, there may still be a bar remaining on the account and this will need to be removed by VF.

hrym

There have occasionally been issues with the SIM verification system.   If the process gets stuck, retrying it doesn't work as the next request simply sits in the queue.   It's happened to me.

If this is what's happened, the good news is that it's simple to remedy as long as you speak to someone who knows how.   Contact the Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter.   Once they've picked up your message and taken your details privately, they'll be able to look into it for you.