main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Has anyone had issues with iPhone Trade In?

4: Newbie

In October I took out a new iPhone contract, and opted for the trade-in offer for my old iPhone 8, amounting  to £15 a month off. This was all arranged over the phone. 

I received the new iPhone, and a few days later the trade in envelope from Brightstar, Vodafone's recycling partner. I promptly sent my immaculate iPhone 8 back in. 

3 months on and I have never received a discount. Further, Vodafone are telling me that I was never signed up to a trade in deal, and they therefore have no record of my old phone or that I should be getting a discount. They've basically stolen my phone from me at this point, and no one online or on the phone seems to care. They seem to be insinuating I'm lying. But Vodafone sent me the envelope and instructions! I've even got a photo of the envelope, with the barcode on it, and had the sense to video myself putting my phone in the envelope!

Has anyone else encountered similar, or could maybe offer suggestions on how to get it resolved? 191 and chat aren't helping. I'm getting pretty close to filing a case with ActionFraud at this point, as this feels like old-fashioned mail-in fraud. 

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

If this was my situation I'd give the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries a crack at helping you and put this all into an official complaint via Here. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @misterhoughton 

That's strange.

According to this link Vodafone Trade In if you sent the phone in the provided envelope and traded in your phone online, you would have had the payment in your bank account within 24 hours.  It's only when trading in store where you would have received a discounted plan or credit on your bill.

View more options
Highlighted

Back in October they were offering £15 a month off online and on the phone. This was on the main iPhone sales page, not the Trade In micro site. That offer isn't there any more, by the look of it. I guess they were pushing iPhone upgrades back then.

Like I said, an envelope was sent out. I'd take a monthly discount or a lump sum to the same amount rather than the £0 and complete denial I received for my phone.

View more options
Highlighted

I'll give complaints a go, thank you. I'd sooner avoid thrashing it out over social media if I can. 

View more options
Highlighted

@misterhoughton wrote:

I'll give complaints a go, thank you. I'd sooner avoid thrashing it out over social media if I can. 

You're very welcome.

Please let us know how you get on @misterhoughton 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options