cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Has anyone had issues with iPhone Trade In?

misterhoughton
4: Newbie

In October I took out a new iPhone contract, and opted for the trade-in offer for my old iPhone 8, amounting  to £15 a month off. This was all arranged over the phone. 

I received the new iPhone, and a few days later the trade in envelope from Brightstar, Vodafone's recycling partner. I promptly sent my immaculate iPhone 8 back in. 

3 months on and I have never received a discount. Further, Vodafone are telling me that I was never signed up to a trade in deal, and they therefore have no record of my old phone or that I should be getting a discount. They've basically stolen my phone from me at this point, and no one online or on the phone seems to care. They seem to be insinuating I'm lying. But Vodafone sent me the envelope and instructions! I've even got a photo of the envelope, with the barcode on it, and had the sense to video myself putting my phone in the envelope!

Has anyone else encountered similar, or could maybe offer suggestions on how to get it resolved? 191 and chat aren't helping. I'm getting pretty close to filing a case with ActionFraud at this point, as this feels like old-fashioned mail-in fraud. 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If this was my situation I'd give the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries a crack at helping you and put this all into an official complaint via Here. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I'll give complaints a go, thank you. I'd sooner avoid thrashing it out over social media if I can. 

@misterhoughton wrote:

I'll give complaints a go, thank you. I'd sooner avoid thrashing it out over social media if I can. 

You're very welcome.

Please let us know how you get on @misterhoughton 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

misterhoughton
4: Newbie

Back in October they were offering £15 a month off online and on the phone. This was on the main iPhone sales page, not the Trade In micro site. That offer isn't there any more, by the look of it. I guess they were pushing iPhone upgrades back then.

Like I said, an envelope was sent out. I'd take a monthly discount or a lump sum to the same amount rather than the £0 and complete denial I received for my phone.

deb71
2: Seeker

hi did you get this sorted? i am now having probs

Shauna1993

Yes the exact same issue happened to me in March this year. Received return envelope paid for tracked postage. Received a text from brightstar about a week later saying phine was received and discount will be applidd which it was and then removed from my bill in June, contacted vodafone and they stated no phone was ever received and because I had no proof as I deleted the text i received they never did anything to resolve it. I wrote 3 complaints now and got nowhere so basically they stole my phone. And I'm payingfull price now