Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to force WiFi calling when mobile network signal is poor

mikeb2
4: Newbie

The Vodafone mobile signal is very poor inside my my house (it's not great outside either). I've always got round this with a SureSignal device, until Vodafone recently abolished that service. They say it's been superceeded by WiFi calling. And when my phones (S10e, s21) switch to WiFi calling it works fine. Except they almost never switch over from the mobile network. There is just about enough signal for my phone to stay registered on the network (intermittently at least), but not enough to make calls reliably or send or receive SMS. It's hopeless like this.

So if Wifi calling is going to be a suitable replacement for the SureSignal, I need a way to make the devices switch over to WiFi more willingly.

10 REPLIES 10

This is not a practical solution!

After spending a week with Vodafone support, i managed to get the wifi calling option to appear in my Samsung A52s 5G handset Settings after an OTA update. It took me so long because Vodafone said they could only send OTA updates on pay monthly sims. I am pay as you go but 1 tech guy managed to send it to my phone and bingo, fixed!

Problem: I turn it on but the icon only appears if i go to flight mode and turn on the wifi !!!

If there is only 1 bar of poor reception, the call over wifi does not activate !!

turning the phone on and off flight mode is not a real world solution. The sure signal box was better!!

Other networks do not have this problem, only Vodafone!!

An " IMS " service notification also appears when call over wifi kicks in.

Is there a way to enable this call over wifi service without using flight mode all the time ????