Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost Mobile Number

ALiptrot92
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I changed contract in November and was advised to use the pay monthly to pay as you go form for my old contract so that I could keep the number, and then port it over from the payg to my new paym SIM.

I filled in those forms, but on the day it was supposed to convert to a payg, the number instead appears to have been disconnected, as all calls or texts to it fail.

I've spoken to the Vodafone helpdesk through 191, but the person I spoke to said that he could find no record of that number ever existing (ridiculous, as it's on my most recent bill). He promised me a callback, which I did not receive, so I've come for some other help.

If Vodafone have disconnected the number instead of converting it to a payg, what are my options?

My main issue is the number is of course linked to a myriad of 2FAs across the internet, so without access to the number, my access to some of my logins is now restricted, and I'd need to manually contact each company to change the number associated. I've had the number for around 15 years, so untangling it is hassle I didn't want.

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes @ALiptrot92 you would have received a confirmation text when the number moved to PAYG, and would have continued to use the same SIM.  

This is going to need account access, this can be done by speaking to the Social Team through Twitter or Facebook channels here: Contact Us 

Alternatively, follow the complaints process here: Complaints