Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Data and Pac Code transfer unsuccessful

DavidAJack
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm pretty annoyed. Bought a Vodafone Pay Monthly iPhone 13 to replace my Vodafone pay monthly iPhone X. I thought transferring the number would be easy. Vodafone to Vodafone. 

When I first attempted to transfer my number, I was told I had to transfer my old pay monthly contract to a pay as you go before the number could be transferred......and this process would take a month. I wasn't happy, but whatever. I did it and put the old SIM in my new phone and continued using my desired number it for a month. 

Once the month was up I went online to Keep My Number. The vodafone website was not accepting the SIM codes and saying I was one digit short. So when I eventually was able to talk to a human via the support telephone line the gentlemen seemed very helpful and said he would do it all for me. He took two SIM numbers, ask me the number I'd like to keep and then said it would be done on Wednesday. 4 days seemed a long time, but I was phoning on new years day. 

Wednesday came, and the SIM that had my old number (the one I wanted to keep) stopped working completely but unfortunately this number WAS NOT transferred onto my new SIM. Instead, my new SIM has lost all data and I have no Internet use on my phone. Phonecalls still work but no mobile data. I have checked all mobile data settings and turned my phone off and on plenty of times. 

So not only have I lost my mobile number, I have lost all Internet on my new phone/sim. 

I jumped onto the support phone line as soon as I noticed. After 2 hours I got no where. Either the menus would say "check the website" or it would start ringing as if I was going to be connected to a human and then Vodafone would cut the line and I'd get no one. So frustrating. 

So I jumped online and tried to speak with someone via the help app. I got someone and asked them to fix the number, they said it would be fixed in 2 days.........we'll see. When I asked her to fix the mobile data issue she left the chat abruptly and that was that.

So at the moment, still no phone number and no internet. 

Through frustration I have found myself on these forums and I was wondering if anyone can help me get this resolved quickly. This is probably the worst customer service I have ever received. 

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It a bit of a mess @DavidAJack 

You can't port Vodafone to Vodafone, the previous contract would have needed to be cancelled, when this has been done you would have been able to transfer the number to the new contract.

It's going to need account access, as you have been through Customer Services and come to the forum for help speak to the Social Team through Twitter or Facebook social channels here: Contact Us 

Alternatively, contact the Complaints Team here: Complaints 

I'm meant to be talking to Simon on Facebook messenger right now, but he's very quiet. 

He asked what was wrong and I linked him to this thread.