cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I'm not sure how to claim a refund for this..

vivaxo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So my contract for my iPad ended in January this month, and was being charged at the time £50 a month, and this is perfectly fine. But when the contract ended, they continued to charge me the device fee for another 6 months until I realised that it had lapsed

At the time I was quite ill so whatever correspondence I must of missed when they informed me, but I'm not sure how they can charge me the device fee even after the contract has ended

Rolling it over onto a data plan only I can completely understand, but surely they can't charge me the full £69(Now due to inflation) a month for 6 months out of contract??

I want to try get those paid months back after the expiry, but I don't know what to do..

3 REPLIES 3

Jason

Hi @vivaxo. We completely understand how concerning this situation must be. When your plan ends, your allowance and anything you’ve added on will continue on a rolling basis. It’ll keep rolling until you upgrade, switch to a different plan or cancel your plan altogether. 

It's important to note that your tablet contract works in the traditional sense of both your tablet and plan being included in one monthly cost, appose to it being separated like on our Vodafone EVO plans. When you buy a phone or watch on one of our Vodafone EVO plans, your monthly payment is split into two parts. You’ll have one Direct Debit for your Device Plan (Device) and one for your Airtime Plan (SIM). 

Any tablets (Not offered on Vodafone EVO yet) or phone contracts taken out before Vodafone EVO was introduced work like an ordinary traditional contract whereby there is no differentiation between the device and plan cost, it's one cost. This is the reason why we continued to take your monthly plan cost as normal after your contract had ended. 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I do think there's some responsibility here by the end user to keep track of contracts. Mobile companies will rip you off when they can, and OFCOM agreed to let them do this as they are mostly useless.

However, OFCOM also forced networks to send end of contract notifications. These alerts must be sent by text, email or letter.  I would start off by asking Vodafone how they met their obligation to inform you. If it was by text, you might be able to make a complaint about not seeing it as it's in a tablet. Maybe @Jason can confirm how Vodafone comply with their obligations for other devices here?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We notify all customers 25 and 18 days before their commitment end date. This is usually via text to the primary number on your account, but can also be sent via email. So we can check how you were notified of your commitment end date @vivaxo, please pop us a message via one of our social channels and we'll be happy to look into this.