Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming calls failing

Thebeanie
4: Newbie

For the last 3 months now, i have had an issue with incoming calls failing. I get no notification of these calls coming in however i have had various people tell me they have attempted to call and has failed multiple times giving them

”call failed”

or 

“this persons phone is switched off”

i reported this to vodafone who seem absolutely incompetent in regards to fixing this error, and instead i have been met with continuous fob offs telling me they are really sorry and they will fix the problem “once and for all” 

i initially had an iphone 11 pro.

they initially told me to reset my network settings - didn’t work

then told me they have noticed my sim card is a few years old so they will send me a new one - Didn’t work

then checked call diverting, call barring, wifi calling - all as they should be

then told me they were going to reconnect me to the network - they did this but disconnected me and never put me back on and only noticed when i contacted them on live chat via wifi

they stated this may be a device issue, so i booked it in for a service with apple and all was okay.

They asked me to try another phone, just received my iphone 13 pro max the other day and still having the same issue 

everytime i speak to someone on the phone or live chat, I’m met with false promises, failed callbacks and just incompetence from everybody.

even when i ordered my phone in store even though i told them it was an upgrade, they marked it down as a new order.

I’ve asked numerous times to be put in touch with higher tech support and / or directors office and these requests are ignored.

Today, i have spent approximately 3 hours on the phone speaking to numerous different “teams” all promising they can fix this issue. There seems to be either no communication or each caller or staff member are not looking through notes. I get met with “oh well i managed to get through this time so it must be working” despite me stating from the get go and throughout that It’s an intermittent problem. Apple today have been unable tocring me 3x and i get messages stating they attempted to ring me.

i have been asked to send screenshots of messages they have sent me via text. Do rhey not keep a record of these?

anyway. Does anybody have contact details for the directors office or am i better off just calling it quits and leaving vodafone?

my issue is, vodafone when attempting to upgrade have done multiple “hard searches” on my credit score, knocking it down by more than 65 points (out of 750!)

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I think you've been incredibly patient with all of this @Thebeanie 

If this was my situation I'd raise an official complaint via complaints/code-of-practice to get support from the Customer Esculation Team.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams are part of this department so contacting them via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries won't harm.

Be sure to ask for a credit to your account due to the loss of usage of your services.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Edit ,,, if Vodafone can't then resolve this then they'll provide a deadlock letter to which then you can engage with the Communications Ombudsman who'll then arbitrate on your behalf. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your quick reply. So I have raised this with the complaints team maybe about a month ago., and I have a complaints advisor. so far I have had a total of £20 knocked of this bill. Which for the time I've spent chasing around after them is not good enough and I've told them this. to say I've currently got iPhone 11 Pro (now out of contract), an Apple Watch series 5 and an iPad Air on my bill you'd be thinking they wouldn't really want to lose the £140 a month I'm currently paying them.

Both the watch and phone are now out of contract, Will probably visit the store tomorrow and return and then just move to another network. that actually seem to know what they're doing., I received my iPhone 13 pro max on Friday so should be able to return this easily enough.

So far I have spoken to various customer services reps, customer relations, "directors office employee's" who also had no idea what they were talking about so I'm not sure whether this was actually them or whether they were just saying it was them. and various different "technical teams" all of which, now they have done all the generic things stated above just seem to give me the "Let me escalate this with my team and you should hear from us within 24-48 hours, I must admit I blew my top with the lady this evening when she stated yet again "well this call has gone through so it seems to be working now" and kept shunning my requests to speak to a higher grade tech team, I spoke to level 3 technical support a few years ago if that's still a thing. but she just kept stating I need to follow the process.... the process that hasn't worked for the last 3 months.

Prior to my 13 arriving, and after apple ran diagnostics in one of their stores on my phone which all came back. I was asked to bring my phone to Vodafone for repair. This was a week before my 13 was coming so I asked them what the point in that was when even Apple have stated It's not the device. Which has been proven when It's still doing the same with my 13 pro.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to see your issues not been resolved after all this time @Thebeanie, it does seem like you've been asked to try a number of steps that do usually resolve the most common reasons for your phone rejecting calls. There are a few other options left open us in looking into getting this sorted for you. As some of these will require access to your account, pop us a private message through our social channels and select 'Get started' followed by 'asked to DM'. When you reach our team add a link to this conversation, this will avoid you repeating yourself and we'll be more than happy to look into checks done against your credit file too.

Thanks for the reply Mark. however I have spent 3 months of my life trying to resolve this issue and I am not willing to spend anymore time doing so. I have ordered a new phone Via EE and I'll just move networks.

Currently on the phone to customer relations to seek compensation, and find out why it is I'm still being billed £28 this month for my watch despite it being outside of contract and when I ordered the 13 pro max it came with the £3.50 watch connection. a SAR has been put in and ill take it further if they don't sort the cockup in regards to doing the multiple hard searches on my account for 1 phone order.

thank you for your time though.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've decided to leave us over this issue @Thebeanie. I'm sure our Customer Relations team will be able to look into the multiple searches and remove any that are un-necessary. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you, I have been in touch with them and they’ve offered me £150 and cancellation of the watch which is now out of contract. also going to look into getting the credit score issue sorted out.