Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect Vodafone Default on Credit Score

Mush23
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

An old cancelled Vodafone account is showing up on my credit score as a default of £34. I cancelled the account within the cooling off period, yet Vodafone kept incorrectly chasing me for a payment. I've since explained tens of times to them what happened, they accepted fault and I thought the case was closed. Yet it now appears as a default on my credit score and is stopping me from getting a mortgage. I need this removed from my name, how can I get vodafone to do this?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

When an account is cancelled during cooling off period you are still charged for the time you had the service @Mush23 and the payment would have been taken through the direct debit set up.

No doubt this thread will be picked up by the Social Team tomorrow. 

thanks Ann. I didn't explain that very well. I did pay for the first month when I took out the contract and then cancelled during that. Vodafone then failed to cancel my account properly and tried to charge me for the following month. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mush23 this is something we take seriously and we can investigate why this has happened. If there's an error with your credit report, we'll work with our Credit Assessment team for you and get this corrected. Please message us through one of our Social Media channels