Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect default

Hannahjobson
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm desperately hoping someone can help. I cancelled my vodaphone contract at the end of last year, never missed a payment and took out a new contract with a new provider. Fast forward one year and we are at the underwriting stage for a mortgage and there is a default on my credit report. I've looked and it is showing a default every month, despite having paid in full, never missed a payment and having had no contract with vodaphone since the end of last year. I have not received a call, a text or a letter to say I owed any money and it is incorrect that I do owe any money as I paid in full right up until my number was ported! To say I am devastated is an understatement as we need this adapted home desperately. I've called vodaphone but they are supposed to be calling me back and I'm besides myself with anxiety about this.  Please can someone help? The mortgage company need a letter stating this is a mistake and for the defaults to be removed. The person I spoke to at vodaphone agreed this was a mistake and said the credit team would look at it but I haven't had a call back and its urgent. Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Hannahjobson - I understand how important it is to have the right information on your credit report and your urgency to get this sorted. 

Please send my team a message on social media and we'll see what's happened with this default. 

fsa302528

Hi,

I'm just wondering if managed to get anywhere with this ? If you didn't please get in contact with me. I'm in a similar position and might be able to help you.

Thanks

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @fsa302528 - if you'd like us to take a look into your credit file for you, please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here. Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so you won't have to explain yourself again.