Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect fair use data warning when roaming on pre Feb 21 contract

FF99
4: Newbie

I have a pay monthly phone contract with 100gb data taken out before 24 Feb 21, and as I understand the rules I should be able to use my whole data allowance whilst roaming in Europe.

However, when arrived in Europe 2 weeks ago, I got a warning that I was subject to the new 25gb fair use policy.  Was the warning just an irrelevant pop-up that everyone gets, or do I need to be concerned about it ?

3 REPLIES 3

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I would imagine it's a standard text as Vodafone systems aren't capable of sending the right text based on when you took out your contract.

I'd expect the newer plans to have the roaming fair usage cap listed on their plan, which yours should not have?

FF99
4: Newbie

Bumping this in the hope of a response from a Vodafone CS rep.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @FF99 - As per our website it states: "If you upgraded or joined Vodafone before 24 February 2021 -

All unlimited data plans come with a data cap of 25GB a month when roaming." So your 100GB plan, if purchased before 24 February 2021, shouldn't come with this cap.

So that we can check your account for you to make sure you are on an eligible plan, could you drop us a DM on social media please? Make sure to include a link back to this forum to save you repeating yourself.