cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is it possible to pay early by "one off" payment?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Occasionally with other bills in my house if I have one off larger amounts I pay in advance.  My home BB for instance I had 2 months last year where I didn't owe any money.  I was looking around the vodafone site as a new customer and I can't see where to make one off payments?  I am a new customer.....

Basically can I pay one off larger amounts to have my sim only airtime contract in credit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Ah OK @Anonymous you are a new customer.

When you have paid the first bill you will be able to put the account in credit, when the second bill is online just pay the amount you would like to pay.

Just keep an eye on your credit balance, anything out of bundle will also come out of it.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS

There is nothing stopping you from paying extra through your online account and put the account in credit, it's a pay monthly account and Vodafone will take the monthly billing amount from the credit on the account.

If you have direct debit set up just keep it in place, if there is nothing to pay, Vodafone won't collect any payment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean I cannot find the option to pay. it directs me to update DD details and that's it.

AnnS

Oh dear @Anonymous perhaps this is because there is not a bill due, you certainly used to be able to pay extra.  I know that through the 56677 telephone payment line you can choose an amount to pay.  See here: How do I pay my bill? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I saved my debit card along with the direct debit.  Thanks for your replies.  I can't seem to make a one off payment.  As you say there hasn't been a bill produced yet.  It's the "out of plan" charges that appear as soon as you log in or open the app that I wan't to pay off. My first bill will be produced at the end of the month apparently.  I assume direct debit is 14 days later.

I seem like a real newbie because I am - never used VF before.  I am used to paying BB, phones etc in advance and usually getting Direct Debits with nil or limited amounts owing.  It allows me to not worry about bills and gives me a buffer of 30 to 60 days when I stay in advance, not that I've ever needed it, fortunately.  My grandfather instilled this behaviour in me. 😐

AnnS

Ah OK @Anonymous you are a new customer.

When you have paid the first bill you will be able to put the account in credit, when the second bill is online just pay the amount you would like to pay.

Just keep an eye on your credit balance, anything out of bundle will also come out of it.