Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mis-sold contract and wrong credit report info

Emilyr
2: Seeker

Hey so here it goes long one!

back in 2017 I took out a contract with sim and phone and in the shop along with the 100 questions they ask when completing the contract paperwork it was agreed a data cap would be placed on the account.

every month I received the bill my account was being over charged by different amounts and every month I would call and the amount would be refunded onto my next bill as they could see there should be a data cap however when the next bill would come around the amount overcharged would be even higher and I was never receiving my ‘refund’. One month my bill was over £100! When it was supposed to be around £30 this is when I’d had enough of phoning and being on the phone explaining my situation for over an hour EVERY MONTH! I cancelled my direct debit with my bank and my account fell into a default of around £500 and this was visible on my credit reports.

In 2020 I was thinking of getting a mortgage and my mortgage advisor advised me to contact Vodafone and clear the balance of the default so I did. However when doing this it has now updated the missing payments to 2020?? Therefore this default will be on my credit report longer than it should be!! 

Also in this process I have found out that my account is actually a ‘business’ account and I am unable to speak with a normal advisor on the phone as they are unable to find my account and need to speak with people from the business team. 

I feel so let down my Vodafone not only updating my credit report wrongly which is affecting my credit but also mis-selling me a business account. 

could someone please advise how I can get Vodafone to either remove this default as it should be removed from my credit report this year if it was the correct information or at least update the information to remove the missed payments from 2020 and correctly amended them to 2018 so it will be removed automatically off my report by January 2025.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Emilyr

Hey so here it goes long one!

back in 2017 I took out a contract with sim and phone and in the shop along with the 100 questions they ask when completing the contract paperwork it was agreed a data cap would be placed on the account.

every month I received the bill my account was being over charged by different amounts and every month I would call and the amount would be refunded onto my next bill as they could see there should be a data cap however when the next bill would come around the amount overcharged would be even higher and I was never receiving my ‘refund’. One month my bill was over £100! When it was supposed to be around £30 this is when I’d had enough of phoning and being on the phone explaining my situation for over an hour EVERY MONTH! I cancelled my direct debit with my bank and my account fell into a default of around £500 and this was visible on my credit reports.

In 2020 I was thinking of getting a mortgage and my mortgage advisor advised me to contact Vodafone and clear the balance of the default so I did. However when doing this it has now updated the missing payments to 2020?? Therefore this default will be on my credit report longer than it should be!! 

Also in this process I have found out that my account is actually a ‘business’ account and I am unable to speak with a normal advisor on the phone as they are unable to find my account and need to speak with people from the business team. 

I feel so let down my Vodafone not only updating my credit report wrongly which is affecting my credit but also mis-selling me a business account. 

could someone please advise how I can get Vodafone to either remove this default as it should be removed from my credit report this year if it was the correct information or at least update the information to remove the missed payments from 2020 and correctly amended them to 2018 so it will be removed automatically off my report by January 2025.

thanks

Jason

Hi @Emilyr. It's disappointing to see your Community entry. We completely understand how both alarming and troublesome it must have been to see this information on your credit file. To move forward, we'll need to look into your Vodafone account. As we don't have access to it on the Community, please get in touch with our Social Media team.