Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving number but keeping contract active

helpme1200
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I started a new job recently and they have to record my work-related calls on my number.

They have an app, that my number has to be ported into, then calls to my number are automatically recorded.

I still require a contract and airtime etc. my number just becomes a virtual number ported into the app.

I have a month old Vodafone contract on the number in question. I've asked them to just give me the number to take, but to keep my contract open and associate my line with a different number. 

Phone agents can't assist; they say it's too complex. If I terminate my contract, I'd still need a new one with Vodafone, incurring early termination fees. I want to keep my contract but change my number and port the old one to this app.

Can someone please please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

The is going to be a difficult one for sure @helpme1200  and quite sure it can't be done and you have been given the correct information.

If you were to try and port in or replace an alternative number on the contract, it would automatically replace and override the number you wanted moved to the business account and that would mean the loss of the number you want to keep.  

It's never a good idea to give a company your personal number it creates all sort of problems getting the number back to should you want to leave the company.

Unfortunately, the option you will be looking at here will be terminating the contract, if you are on an Evo contract and pay off the device part of the contract, you will automatically be released from the airtime contract and will only need to cancel and take out a new SIM only contract with the same phone but different number.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

The is going to be a difficult one for sure @helpme1200  and quite sure it can't be done and you have been given the correct information.

If you were to try and port in or replace an alternative number on the contract, it would automatically replace and override the number you wanted moved to the business account and that would mean the loss of the number you want to keep.  

It's never a good idea to give a company your personal number it creates all sort of problems getting the number back to should you want to leave the company.

Unfortunately, the option you will be looking at here will be terminating the contract, if you are on an Evo contract and pay off the device part of the contract, you will automatically be released from the airtime contract and will only need to cancel and take out a new SIM only contract with the same phone but different number.

Thank you for the reply Ann - appreciate it.