cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving vod pay monthly number to vod pay as you go - delay?

Bjn201
2: Seeker

Hi 

My vodafone pay monthly contract ended yesterday.  At 8am yesterday I initiated to move my number to pay as you go. They told me it would take MAX 24 hours, likely sooner. I am still here 38 hours later, with the phone number not moved over, SIM showing not registered, unable to receive/make calls and texts etc. 

Please help!

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Bjn201 

I would suggest to contact customer services via telephone or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they will check the status of your account.

If you use the Vodafone Social Media Teams then link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself .

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum. 

From what I recall changing from Pay Monthly to Payg requires 30 days notice to be given to Vodafone as it takes 30 days for the process to complete.

A similar thread Moving-from-Pay-monthly-to-PAYG. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Bjn201

Sorry 30 days!?  I gave 30 days notice on my contract and this is all happening on day 31.  I can't make any calls, my phone is no registered on the network. 

Please help! I need to keep this number as it is my main business number.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Bjn201! We're unable to access accounts over the forum as it's a public platform. I would recommend topping up and making an outbound call to activate your new Pay as you Go SIM with us. Alternatively, please pop our Social Media team a message and they'll be able to investigate your account further 🙂

Hi Beth - I can't top up I don't have a registered number that's the point - my number is stuck in limbo between pay monthly and payg! I have no service, not registered on network, can't dial 191 etc.

Hi 

I gave my 30 days notice to terminate my contract. 

I requested a pac code,  but did not use it straight away. 

I then requested a switch from pay monthly to payg to happen at the end of my remaining contract. 

End date of my contract came - number now not working at all, and vodafone keep saying the number is stuck I  "pre to post" transfer from pay monthly to pay as you. This was 5 days ago. Should take max 24 hours! 

I had contacted around around 10 separate advisors have all said "fixed within 24 hours", over 5 separate days, and it's still outstanding. 

I got fed up today so decided to use the pac code to move to three (payg). Three now saying pac code failed. Help! I am stuck in limbo! Stuck in pre to post at vodafone!

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Bjn201 

I'm assuming the issue now faced could be due to the several different instructions you've given Vodafone in regards to your contract termination.

There would have been no requirement to give Vodafone 30 days notice to end your contract as the Pac if used within 30 days of receiving it from Vodafone by giving it to a new network would have ended the contract as soon as the new network used it.

Switching from Vodafone Pay Monthly to Vodafone Payg takes 30 days to complete.

I would have suggested to stick with one course of action.

As there is no account access via this forum you'll need to liaise with Vodafone Customer services via 191 from a working number, 0333304191, , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.