cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New phone contract. Should it be merged into old 'Inactive' account or start new one?

woodface7
4: Newbie

My broadband account ended nearly two years ago. It states 'Inactive Account' when I log in but it lets me add numbers etc.

I recently took out a 12 month SIM only phone contract via a third party. Gave all identical info to that in the account during application (name, address, email, two phone numbers...) Notification texts & emails go there.

I expected this would prompt Vodafone's system to add my new number and contract to the account.

After several days use, it hasn't.

So should I start a new account? (I have different emails and numbers I could use for it.)

Or ask Voda to put the SIM contract into the old broadband one?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If this was my situation @woodface7 I would start a new myvodafone setup by using a different email address and password.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @woodface7 

As you are still able to log into the inactive account if you want to use the same email address for the new account change the log in details, this should enable you to use the previous log in information.

If you are unable to do this you will need fresh log in information from the previous account.

woodface7
4: Newbie

Thanks to both contributors - I now have a fresh registration with fresh details. 

Apart from the mind-numbing half hour battling with Live Chat in India to get the final 1gb of the 12gb contact I bought, this phone contract is so far going more smoothly than our broadband experience made us fear.