Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New phone, no eSIM

PaulF1985
1: Seeker

Hi. I'm hoping someone might be able to advise me. 

Not the best start to my Vodafone life but I received my new phone today but still no eSIM. I've checked both my inbox and junk email box but nothing. 

Any idea what I can do? This is my first day with Vodafone. Hoping I haven't made a big mistake. 

I tried sending a message through Facebook but it sat there for 5 hours unanswered. 

As you can imagine, I can't register on My Vodafone as I don't have a working phone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

When you send a message through social channels @PaulF1985 messages are replied to in the order they are received and you can expect to receive a full reply within 24 hours.

As far as your eSIM is concerned you should have received a normal SIM with the phone, and will easily be able to switch the number to an eSIM by following the information here: eSIM help  follow device support to activate the eSIM on this link Activate eSIM If you are porting over a number wait until the port is completed before switching to eSIM.

If this is a new number, you should be able to set up an online account and download the Application but won't have any billing information to view until the first bill has been received. If you are porting over a number, it is recommended to wait until the number has ported before setting up any account information.  

Please also remember with pro rata billing the first bill will be more than expected, when you receive the bill you will see the extra days charges.

Hope the above helps.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

AnnS

When you send a message through social channels @PaulF1985 messages are replied to in the order they are received and you can expect to receive a full reply within 24 hours.

As far as your eSIM is concerned you should have received a normal SIM with the phone, and will easily be able to switch the number to an eSIM by following the information here: eSIM help  follow device support to activate the eSIM on this link Activate eSIM If you are porting over a number wait until the port is completed before switching to eSIM.

If this is a new number, you should be able to set up an online account and download the Application but won't have any billing information to view until the first bill has been received. If you are porting over a number, it is recommended to wait until the number has ported before setting up any account information.  

Please also remember with pro rata billing the first bill will be more than expected, when you receive the bill you will see the extra days charges.

Hope the above helps.