Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New phone not delivered

siddgang
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered an iphone xr as I upgraded my contract a month ago. Its been a month now my phone still hasn't been delivered. First vodafone sent it to me old address inspite of me calling them to update the address before they delivered the package. And now when they resent the package back to DPD for delivery seems DPD has lost it in transit. its been exactly a month now and I dont have the phone which is a part of my contact.

The DPD customer care hasnt picked up the phone so far (inspite of me being on hold for more than 30 mins on 3 ocassions). Vodafone customer care keep tracking the case and everytime I speak to a new exec they seem to trace the whole thing only to tell me that DPD has lost it, its not our fault, you will be compensated for this, I am sorry for the trouble and blah. But in all this I still don't have my phone.

Can i complain to a consumer forum because i strongly feel I should be compensated for all the time I spent chasing down this delivery and for not having the phone on time as promised by Vodafone. Please help!!

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @siddgang

It seems from what you write that you've been unnecessarily caught up in red tape. 

I can understand Vodafone wanting to get this sorted out in the way of the lost phone but you as the customer shouldn't be caught up in that. 

Please let the Vodafone Social Media Teams here catch up with your thread and they'll get you some help. 

As a very last resort look Here.

I wish you all the best with this situation and a speedy resolution. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@siddgang It's a difficult one as it sounds like a series of events has led up to this happened. If an order was processed, it needs to have a delivery address. If you've called up after the order was placed to update your address, then we can't guarantee it'll be sent to the new one as the phone may already be dispatched. 

If DPD have lost the item in transit, this is outside of our control, although I can appreciate it isn't your fault either. 

So we're able to access your account and see where your order is up to, please get in touch using the link in my private message