Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not getting 5g

ashall3n
4: Newbie

I've been on several 5g ready phones in the past few years, I'm on s22 ultra with a 5g plan with all settings on the phone correct but have never seen a 5g signal even if standing next to a 5g mast.

I've tried all the suggestions like restarting and airplane mode etc.

It seems like it's some issue on Vodafone's side?

11 REPLIES 11

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ashall3n 

If you have followed the network issue thread here : Network Issues and checked the coverage map and are definitely in a 5G location the best thing to do is to speak to the Social Media Team for them to check 5G is provisioned on your account.  The Team can be contacted through social channels by following this information.  Contact Us 

BandOfBrothers

@ashall3n 

On the phone go into Settings > Connections > Mobile Network's > Network Mode and ensure 5G is chosen.

May I ask are you achieving 3G/4G/4G+

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Screenshot_20220527-101041_Call settings.jpg

I get good 4g pretty much everywhere, but the 4g icon has never changed to 5g.

BandOfBrothers

Ok @ashall3n 

5G does improve carrier aggregation but does not improve surfing speeds although it's good for downloading large files and a person needs to be pretty close to a 5G module in optimum conditions.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for updating the thread @ashall3n - your phone looks to be set up okay for 5G 📱

As you've mentioned you've never picked up a 5G signal, I'd like to double check it's set up on your account - please come and chat to my team via social media. 

If you include your community username along with a link to your post, you won't need to repeat yourself either 🙂

Screenshot_20220527-110420_My Vodafone.jpg

Thanks for the replies, i'll have a chat with the social media team later. (This is from my Vodafone app by the way) 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @ashall3n - it does show you're on a 5G plan - once we've gone through security we can double check the account and also how your SIM's updating on the network 🙂

Once you send us a message on Facebook or Twitter, just pick Get Started > Message an agent this will bypass the automated options. 

Just for the benefit of the social media team I'm just going to leave these here, I was standing in a 5g area and restarted my phone to make sure it reconnected I got 4G+ but no 5g

Screenshot_20220527-162402_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220527-143415_Network Cell Info Lite.jpg

Screenshot_20220527-143447_Network Cell Info Lite.jpg

Screenshot_20220527-143659_Network Cell Info Lite.jpg

ashall3n
4: Newbie

Hi, thanks for all your replies. I spoke with the social media team but nothing worked. However I took my phone out on my bike and rode through more of the good coverage area and finally got a signal but only a small stretch of road so it's just that the coverage is bad and the map inaccurate. I've tested in direct eyesight of a 5g mast just meters away the with no joy before so will just have to wait for the coverage to improve. At least I know it works on my side.

Thanks 👍 

Screenshot_20220530-094426_Speedtest.jpg