Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiving verification texts/codes?

bmxsir
1: Seeker

I can't sign into any app accounts as I am not receiving verification texts/codes from say, Gmail, Uber, Monzo etc. etc.

Receiving & sending sms's fine from regular phone numbers.

I have a new S8 on contract with vodafone.

I have spoken with tech support 3 times about this but each time this is not resolved.

Please advise asap as I am locked out!

Cheers.

10 REPLIES 10

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bmxsir Please check your My Vodafone account online to check if you have any restrictions in place, which may be stopping you from receiving these texts.

If you still require further assistance, come and speak to our Live Chat team - they'll be able to take a look into your account.

Same thing happening to me.... I get a message from Barclays number 60174 asking me to reply Y or N to confirm it's me doing the transaction but every time I get message failed to send and retry. Very annoying ... I checked in my message settings in the Vodafone portal and no SMS​ settings are disabled... Premium texts are enabled so I don't know what's wrong. Now I have to call Barclays every time I try to do a transaction to a new payee and confirm its me.

See the screenshot attached... I thought maybe if I do a longer than a single letter reply it will work... But it still doesn't work. Not sure if it's a Vodafone or Barclays problem.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's strange @Chitangxxx, I can understand how frustrating this must be. As we'll need access to your account to look into this, please get in touch by following the instructions this private message.

Could it be because it's on roaming that it won't recognise the weird number without country code? I remember I had no issues in the UK with replying to the texts from Barclays ... But I work abroad a lot and surely bank confirmation messages are sent a lot when they see a foreign transaction so its silly that it won't work on roaming. 

MarkF
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Chitangxxx, replying to a UK based short code whilst abroad won't work. This is why you'll be having difficulty responding to Barclay's short code. I'd suggest making your bank aware before you travel so that you can prevent this from happening in future.

@markf yeah I thought that would be the case in the country I am in now which is Hong Kong. But the weird thing is it worked from Thailand. I guess some countries network support it and others don't. Still annoying! Surely they must know that people do travel and use their bank card. Thanks for your help anyway. 

Sika3878
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'm facing the exact same issue. If you've solved yours, could you tell me how you did it?

Thanks in advance!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Sika3878, as @MarkF has advised when replying to UK shortcodes you'd need to be connected to a network in the UK. If you need any further assistance with any queries you have in the future, please don't hesitate to come back to the Community :Smiling:

Remove two steps verification.