Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number Porting Issues

Jason1991
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I made the very poor decision of deciding to leave O2 and Join Vodafone , providing my PAC on 18th October and being told this would be completed by the end of the 19th.

By the end of the 19th the O2 sim no longer worked and seemed to be partially transferred to the Vodafone Sim. I am able to make calls , however i am unable to send texts or receive calls , with the number being unrecognizable. I apologise if i havent explained this as fully as possible, but when you are doing this 6 or 7 times to each advisor it becomes rather frustrating.

Although to many this would seem like it is not such a long time yet, the issues i have experienced have been speaking to 6 different advisors, totaling over 5 hours already, and being misinformed on numerous occasions. I was promised on october 20th that by midnight i would have service. 1 am on the 21st I still did not have service and so spoke to an advisor who said he cannot really help until the porting team are available (8am). He did however promise credit of 10 pounds to which i asked email confirmation which he said was not possible. I asked for copies of my customer motes as proof to which he told me would come at a cost of 10 pounds. I did not fancy taking the risk of paying 10 pounds for notes that may not have included a comment about 10 pound credit , so I decided to call it a day and call back later that day when the porting team were available. ( again i am summarising this call as it was over 25 minutes).

I called back on the 21st after 8am and again reitterated my issue. Following a long hold period i was told that the advisor who said midnight on the 20th was from the incorrect department and should have actually told me a maximum of 72 hours. I made my issue clear each time i called so ive no idea how i ended up talking to the wrong department. The reasons i was given each time however were consistent with that O2 didnt send all of the files and that it was their fault. 

I used text chat today to ask what has been done over the course of the previous 24 hours by vodafone and was surprisingly met by a different excuse. This time i was told that my pac had been entered incorrectly in store and that this was the cause of the issue. When i challenged this, stating that if the pac was wrong i would not be able to make calls, this excuse was soon changed to " pac was not incorrect" and that there was an unexpected error. Although this conversation was over an hour long, i find it hard to beleive that the same advisor changed his reason. This Advisor stated that he has raised this issue to the highest level etc etc but im not so confident in this. 

Please could this error be investigated. I have summarised the current issue so far but i have documented my conversations and issues and would be happy to provide evidence on the following issues experienced:

1. Order of phone status not updated.

2. Misinformation on three occasions as to when phone is ready from store.

3. Misinformation with number transfer on several occasions.

4. Incorrect bill of 49 pounds being added onto account.

I am a new customer amd beleive i am still im the cooling off period ( a luxury i see most on the forum dont have) as i purchased online. 

I am a fair person who understands from time to time mistakes or unexpected errors occur, however what i can not beleive is the misinformation and poor service received from such a company. 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jason1991

I'm not surprised your unimpressed at this situation. 

You have a 30 day cooling off period. 

This sounds like a split port that only the porting in teams can deal with. They are not customer facing themselves so customer service on 191 liaise with them on your behalf. 

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts and help where they can. 

The Subject to Access form is an option as your aware but does cost £10 yes. 

I hope all is resolved asap for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello and thank you for the response. 

I was under the impression the cooling off period was 14 days as i purchased online and picked up on Wednesday. This issue seems to be one of many i have experienced with vodafone already and i only joined on the 12th. 

Hopefully i will have full service by 18:00 tomorrow as informed, but as this information was given by the same advisor who also initially said the pac was entered incorrectly, then changed his mind when challenged, i dint hold out much hope. 

Anyway i appreciate your message and will let you know how i get on.

Jason

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

There does seem to be a re-occuring theme when it comes to number ports. It sounds like you (like many people) have a split port. I had this when returning to Vodafone and it took a few calls to the porting team (call 191 and ask to be connected to them) to sort it.

I wish you luck!

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jason1991 I'm really sorry to hear what's happened :Sad_face:
This isn't the kind of experience we'd like our customers to have.
If you're still having problems, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Hi ,

In happy to say this has all been resolved now. The Live chat seems like a useless avenue so I wouldn't recommend anyone bothers...which is a really shame as it has a huge amount of potential. 

The majority of advisors on the phone were also clearly just trying to end the call by making promises they couldn't keep or had any real idea of what the issue was or when it would be resolved. 

Once I finally convinced an advisor to transfer me to the porting team (a good 18 minute conversation) I managed to speak to someone who took responsibility, progressed my issue and kept me informed, resolved my issue and ultimately saved Vodafone a customer. 

Thanks for the responses on the community page too :Smiling:

Jason

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jason1991 Thanks for taking the time to let us know - I'm glad to see everything has now been resolved for you 😊

Your feedback is also appreciated, I'll be sure to pass your comments on for future training/processes regarding similar queries.